Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Type 99 Arisaka Rifle

Article about: Hello all! I hope everyone's week is going well! I acquired my first WWII era rifle last night and even though it isn't perfect I am very happy to have it! Its a type 99 Arisaka. The mum has

?

Thanks Joe!

Nope, AA sight wings still intact. I have included pictures of the AA sights and of the rear sling swivel. ALSO, i believe that after the serial number there is an inspection mark. Am i correct in thinking this?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type 99 Arisaka Rifle   Type 99 Arisaka Rifle  

Type 99 Arisaka Rifle   Type 99 Arisaka Rifle  

Hi Doug, you definitely have a no series with cavalry rear sling swivel! A quick disconnect sling would have been attached to it. Cool!!

I do believe the mark to the right of the Nagoya emblem is a proof/ inspection mark.

Do you plan to restore this rifle? Fire it?

There are a few routes you can go... and it'll be pricey...

?

What would restoration entail for this piece? I want to, at minimum, get the front sling swivel, but other than that what would I need to do. I would like to fire it, but that I guess would all depend on cost. Im only into the rifle and bayonet for $250 which I thought was a descent deal.

Quote by dramos View Post
    What would restoration entail for this piece? I want to, at minimum, get the front sling swivel, but other than that what would I need to do. I would like to fire it, but that I guess would all depend on cost. Im only into the rifle and bayonet for $250 which I thought was a descent deal.
    Hi Doug, you can definitely get a barrel band no problem and then it'll be safe to fire (after a proper cleaning/ lube and inspection by a gunsmith, of course!).

The only obstacle after that would be all Japanese ammo tends to be hard to find and/or expensive....

If you want to complete the rifle, you'd need to get a barrel band with fitting for mono pod, the mono pod with spring, cleaning rod and dust cover.

This feat becomes a lot more difficult/ expensive when you venture out of reproduction parts/ authentic parts with no concern about proper arsenal or series and begin purchasing parts that are specific to what a correct Nagoya no series T99 should have.

?

Nice rifle,here`s some info you might like to look through.....Data Sheet for Model 99 Rifles........From the January 2001 issue, pages 20 - 23
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12