Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Unknown sword........

Article about: the Emporors flower is on it, Japan

?

Default Re: Unknown sword........

the Emporors flower is on it, Japan

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I also agree that it appears Japanese due to the markings and decorations.
    @Larry, the bottom photo shows the blade. The spine of the blade is ground about 3/4's the length of the blade.
    Possibly described as a cutlass.
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph....Dont get old
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Ralph....Dont get old
    Too late! ???
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by colt45 View Post
    the Emporors flower is on it, Japan
    I don`t see the Imperial Chrysanthemum on it,only the Sakura,or cherry blossom?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Since this sword has been identified as Japanese,,I will move this thread to the Japanese forum. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

japanese really??? 1800-1860?
    I have a great find for low money. I bought it only for my interest and 20 Euro.
    What do you need for a exactly identification?
    thanks guys

The blade looks new. What I mean is, there is no pitting or accumulated
    dirt/rust on it anywhere.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I think it is a modern copy, probably Chinese.

Hi. I would also agree with the theory that it is Japanese, although I cannot say wether it is legit or not. The only other one I could find on the net was here:

Vintage WWII German Military Cavalry Saber Sword Rare-in Crafts from Home & Garden on Aliexpress.com

and they seem to be under the impression that it is German but thats probably mis- identification on their part. Either way its a great looking sword for a bargain price

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Hi. I would also agree with the theory that it is Japanese, although I cannot say wether it is legit or not. The only other one I could find on the net was here:

Vintage WWII German Military Cavalry Saber Sword Rare-in Crafts from Home & Garden on Aliexpress.com

and they seem to be under the impression that it is German but thats probably mis- identification on their part. Either way its a great looking sword for a bargain price
    That is definitely a fake.

The original sword - I agree with Walkwolf on the blade. I also think the patination on the hilt looks a little contrived, and having had a look through eBay at what's on offer from China, I will stick my neck out and say the first sword is a fake.

If it only cost 20 euros - polish it up and hang it on the wall.

Regards

Richie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast