Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is this???

Article about: This was given to me this weekend. However we are not sure what it exactly is. My friend said that he was told it was Japanese and that it is for loading machine gun clips. It is a brass lik

MAP
    ?

Default What is this???

This was given to me this weekend. However we are not sure what it exactly is.

My friend said that he was told it was Japanese and that it is for loading machine gun clips.

It is a brass like material. Very thin. On the ends you can see very flimsy ears. Maybe for one time use?

It measures 6.5 inches (16 cm) long and 3 inches (7 cm) wide.

Assuming it is as we are told, it can't be for a type 96 or 99, these had curved clips. Type 100 was small caliber. Maybe type 97?

Anyone want to take a stab?

Michael

What is this???What is this???What is this???What is this???
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

So have I stumped all 32 of you who have read this??

Thanks guys,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

You are correct that it is not for the Type 96,99 (picture below of the proper loader) and 97. It is most likely not for 92 because it used that 7.7×58mm Arisaka strip mag which is fat to long for your object. To me really it just looks something field made or home made.
    Morris
    What is this???

MAP
    ?

Thanks. Don't think it's field or home made but it is really flimsy. I think a one use throw away item. Even stripper clips are made a steel. I could crush this with my puny hands (was that a quote from an Arnold movie?). And those little brass ears would not last very long.....

Well if there is someone out there (and if it is for what I am told) that needs this I'm happy to donate it. Free postage.....t

Michael

?

Does the cross section/bridge move?
    Could it be a stripper clip loader.
    Does a 6.5 or 7.7 stripper clip and ammo fit?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Thanks Phil. Nope it's spot welded and fixed in place. I could see it being delivered preloaded shoved into a magazine and tossed away. All guesswork on my part. But this piece would not withstand any repeated use IMHO.

Michael

?

Do the 6.5 or 7.7 stripper clips fit in the the slots at the bottom?
    SF
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Do the 6.5 or 7.7 stripper clips fit in the the slots at the bottom?
    SF
    Phil
    All I have is 30-06. I do have a case off 8mm mauser for an appropriate??

Rick Craft
    ?

I belive it is Italian and is for the Breda Modello 30. The magazine was permantly fixed to the right side of the weapon and was swung forward along the barrel For reloading The stripper clip with the rounds was fed into the botom of the magazine and pushed into it. The brass stripper clip was pulled out and the magazine was swung back into place.

100% correct. Started looking at the Hungarian and Italian equipment myself after it was not Japanese.
    What is this???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast