Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

What is this Japanese item?

Article about: Ok, I have run across this thing and I'm trying to figure out what this is. It is a wooden box/tube thing with a wool lining. then on the outside there's like another tube with no lining. Th

kristinski
    ?

Default What is this Japanese item?

Ok, I have run across this thing and I'm trying to figure out what this is. It is a wooden box/tube thing with a wool lining. then on the outside there's like another tube with no lining. The wood thing then fits in a stiff canvas box or case. The case has a shoulder strap and a loop to go on a belt, I assume. There are some papers inside. They have Japanese writing on them as does the bottom of the canvas case with a star in a circle. Can anyone tell me what this is? Thank you!What is this Japanese item?What is this Japanese item?

?

Default re: What is this Japanese item?

Would it be possible to get a close up of the top half of the Japanese paperwork where the japanese characters are crisp?

Tom

I think it's some kind of storage item, to stop the main item from rattling around inside the haversack. I feel the key is the paperwork you have.

?

Quote by kristinski View Post
    Ok, I have run across this thing and I'm trying to figure out what this is. It is a wooden box/tube thing with a wool lining. then on the outside there's like another tube with no lining. The wood thing then fits in a stiff canvas box or case. The case has a shoulder strap and a loop to go on a belt, I assume. There are some papers inside. They have Japanese writing on them as does the bottom of the canvas case with a star in a circle. Can anyone tell me what this is? Thank you!What is this Japanese item?What is this Japanese item?

Hi Kristinski , the writing on the canvas case is the date , Showa 19 or 1944 , the paperwork is dated June 1943 . Looking at the graph i was thinking it could be for a temperature device of some kind , the wooden box looks like it slots onto a pole or similar , just a thought !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...