Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What type of cap is this?

Article about: Hello, can anyone give me any info about this Japanese cap? It resembles the standard army type but is very cheaply made (it has a cardboard chinstrap) and is fragile. Is it a late war civil

Default What type of cap is this?

Hello, can anyone give me any info about this Japanese cap? It resembles the standard army type but is very cheaply made (it has a cardboard chinstrap) and is fragile. Is it a late war civilian cap? if so who would have worn it, and what kind of emblem would it have had on the front? Many thanks, Douglas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What type of cap is this?   What type of cap is this?  

What type of cap is this?   What type of cap is this?  

Default Re: What type of cap is this?

Probably a late war enlisted men's cap. The emblem looks to have been round, so I'm guessing the usual Japanese five pointed star. The Navy anchor emblem was more oval, if I remember rightly.

Al

Thanks very much for your help. Im not totally convinced that it is an army issue cap. Its so poorly made it would fall apart with service use, and I understand caps of this type were used by civilian workers. Can anyone tell me for sure?

Could be civilian as they're very similar. Is there a inked circle with a Japanese character on the lining? If so, probably civilian. I only ever saw one, it had a different lining to yours, an open white weave.

There are no markings.