Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Where can get a real samurai sword?

Article about: Hi all, I want a the real samurai sword (katana) made by the Japanese sword masters. Made with traditional techniques just as it was made hundreds of years ago. Where can i get one? Thanks i

Default Where can get a real samurai sword?

Hi all,

I want a the real samurai sword (katana) made by the Japanese sword masters. Made with traditional techniques just as it was made hundreds of years ago. Where can i get one?

Thanks in advance,
    Japanese

Default Re: Where can get a real samurai sword?

What is the most you are prepared to pay???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Japanesesword View Post
    Hi all,

I want a the real samurai sword (katana) made by the Japanese sword masters. Made with traditional techniques just as it was made hundreds of years ago. Where can i get one?

Thanks in advance,
    Japanese
    I'm sure many of the reputable WWII militaria dealers have them for sale, but expect to pay a premium.

I've read that after WWII there were more swords in the U.S. than in Japan because every returning G.I. wanted one as a souvenir. As such, they often turn up at yard sales and estate sales. This route will def. take you longer, and you run the risk of buying a fake... but I think it'll be a great adventure and you'll probably be able to pick one up for cheap!!

Not too hard to find.
    Any of the bigger military shows in the US would have some.
    II go to a show in St.Paul MN every year where there are
    examples of old swords.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Dave at Time Travelers has some nice ones! His prices are reasonable! I have done business with him and he is a great guy!!

Time Traveler Militaria - Japanese Swords

Regards,

Sam

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    I'm sure many of the reputable WWII militaria dealers have them for sale, but expect to pay a premium.

I've read that after WWII there were more swords in the U.S. than in Japan because every returning G.I. wanted one as a souvenir. As such, they often turn up at yard sales and estate sales. This route will def. take you longer, and you run the risk of buying a fake... but I think it'll be a great adventure and you'll probably be able to pick one up for cheap!!
    At one time that was true. During the 70's and 80's, Japanese sword dealers flocked to the USA to buy swords. Individual dealers would buy between 300-500 swords at every sword show. The cost here would be between 10%-25% of what they could sell the sword for in Japan. This was the time of the economic boom in Japan and many Japanese were putting their money in to art and antiques as real estate was an impossible investment except for the super rich. The Japanese economic crash occured about the same time that most of the easy picking of swords had been repatriated. Today, there is a glut of midle quality swords in Japan and they are now exporting.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

There are alot of quality Japanese swords in Australia, If you can be specific in what type you would like I will try and locate one and put you in touch with the current owner. Regards, Grant.