Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Would like Help with American POW Japanese translation

Article about: I recently picked up a set of fatigues that were acquired from a "former WW2 (or Korean War) Vet that was a POW." These are the fatigues that his captors gave him to go home. It ap

?

Default Would like Help with American POW Japanese translation

I recently picked up a set of fatigues that were acquired from a "former WW2 (or Korean War) Vet that was a POW." These are the fatigues that his captors gave him to go home. It appears that the writing in the uniform is Japanese but I could be wrong. The Deceased Vet's wife advised that he was in both WW2 and Korea. The US Army HBT shirt has one set of writing with his "Laundry number W-9055. And the pants, that has been altered, has different writing with the same Laundry Number. I am in the process to try to get the Vet's full name. I was told that these fatigues are in better shape than the ones he wore regularly... these were the ones he was given on special occasions. This could also be from the Korean war by the style of the fatigues. Any help, thoughts and comments are welcome. (I know this is not a Japanese uniform but I posted this on this forum for I had excellent help with translations in the past.)

Would like Help with American POW Japanese translationWould like Help with American POW Japanese translationWould like Help with American POW Japanese translationWould like Help with American POW Japanese translationWould like Help with American POW Japanese translationWould like Help with American POW Japanese translationWould like Help with American POW Japanese translationWould like Help with American POW Japanese translationWould like Help with American POW Japanese translation

Looks like his name was Morgan Watson. Must have been written by Japanese cleaners during his stay in Japan in connection with the Korean War.

?

It sounds very interesting.. thanks.