Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Japanese C.D helmet. Named. From Kobe.

Article about: Hi guys, Got my hands on a nice WW2 C.D helmet. I have no idea what model it is, but I'm guessing by the liner it was produced late war? It's named and is in pretty good condition. I used to

?

Default WW2 Japanese C.D helmet. Named. From Kobe.

Hi guys,
    Got my hands on a nice WW2 C.D helmet.
    I have no idea what model it is, but I'm guessing by the liner it was produced late war?
    It's named and is in pretty good condition.
    I used to live in Osaka, Japan and I was very happy to see this helmet is from Kobe.
    I spent a fair bit of time in Kobe and it makes this a special piece in my collection.
    Name is Rinhachi Yamato, or Rinya Daiwa depending on how you read it.
    Address is in Kobe, near the port.
    I'm adding a few other photos from the address to bombing raids on Kobe.

Enjoy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Japanese C.D helmet. Named. From Kobe.   WW2 Japanese C.D helmet. Named. From Kobe.  

WW2 Japanese C.D helmet. Named. From Kobe.   WW2 Japanese C.D helmet. Named. From Kobe.  

WW2 Japanese C.D helmet. Named. From Kobe.   WW2 Japanese C.D helmet. Named. From Kobe.  

?

Here's the helmet.
    Sorry it didnt load in the first lot of pics.
    All done on my cell phone.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Japanese C.D helmet. Named. From Kobe.   WW2 Japanese C.D helmet. Named. From Kobe.  

WW2 Japanese C.D helmet. Named. From Kobe.  

?

Nice helmet. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Thanks mate. Its in great shape for its age.

MAP
    ?

Would agree. Fantastic condition. Very nice pick up.

Not sure if the liner indicates if late war or not. I have one myself with the exact same liner (but mine has a white stripe around the exterior and a tin/brass star on the front.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Danger View Post
    Here's the helmet.
    Sorry it didnt load in the first lot of pics.
    All done on my cell phone.

上野通八丁目五大和森八

Ueno-Dori 8-chome 5, Yamato Morihachi

When I first responded (another board??) I thought this was a Tokyo address, but after googling it .... you're right: Kobe.

兵庫県神戸市灘区 上野通8丁目7-5 地図(住所一覧だ‹ã‚‰æ¤œç´¢ï¼‰ :マピオン]Map

I think the Yamato Morihachi is an address; Yamato-machi is in that section of Kobe:
    See here.

--Guy
    Last edited by ghp95134; 09-29-2016 at 09:50 AM.

?

Thanks Guy, yeah I thought Tokyo at first too.
    Does anyone know what model type it is and period?
    When did they start using that type of liner?

Cheers
    Danger

MAP
    ?

I've only handled a handful of these, but this liner style is one of the nicer types I've seen. Others I've seen are extremely rudimentary. But again my sampling size is limited so not sure any strong conclusions can be drawn from it
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hi Map, I have only seen the different types online.
    I read somewhere that liners were affected by shortages towards the end of the war, so later designs were rudimentary like you say.
    I'm not sure if this liner counts as fit for style and model of the helmet, or it's the next liner after the pig skin? Wonder if anyone could answer these questions?

There are almost as many different types of liners as there are of Civil helmets and it is fair to say that the overall quality went down as the war progressed.You will see examples made of pressed paper as well. I am pretty sure it came down to "Whatever works to make it happen"Regards,Geoff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast