Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ww2 japanese gas mask

Article about: Here is a gas mask I just picked up. It came with a photo, can anyone read the back of it, and translate it into english?

Default ww2 japanese gas mask

Here is a gas mask I just picked up. It came with a photo, can anyone read the back of it, and translate it into english?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 japanese gas mask   ww2 japanese gas mask  

ww2 japanese gas mask   ww2 japanese gas mask  

ww2 japanese gas mask  

Default Re: ww2 japanese gas mask

hi acekevlar thats a very nice mask in great condition and complete i bet you paid a small fortune for this the only Japanese mask i have is this one in the pic i think its civilian not military but it still looks great with my type 90 helmet as for a translation sorry cant help ww2 japanese gas mask

That's a great mask! It is a Type 1/ Model A gas mask, it is civilian. I heard the army started ti use this masks at the end of the war because of the lack of equipment.

Rod
    ?

Quote by Ramonchete View Post
    That's a great mask! It is a Type 1/ Model A gas mask, it is civilian. I heard the army started ti use this masks at the end of the war because of the lack of equipment.
    Good call! It is Model A Type 1 dated Showa 16 (1941). If it has two straps on top it's army compatible, one strap is civilian only. They were used by the army in all theaters of the war from about 1941 on as a lower cost alternative.

Rod