Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Japanese sword - real of fake - please advice.

Article about: Hello every one, I have question on you, I have a sword what will be a WW2 Japanese sword, bud I haven't hundert percent certainty it is the original or fake. Please advice me. There are pho

Fake. The habaki will not have engravings except for very rare exceptions [presentation from Yasukuni Shrine]; the markings on your habaki are stamped, not engraved.

And I do not recall ever seeing 東 "East" stamped on the unlocking button; though I have seen a cherry blossom.

--Guy

?

I've never seen markings like these before on the Habaki or the button, I think the whole thing is fake apart from the Saya which looks ok to me.

?

Fake sword.

As the previous three posts have indicated, this is another of the fakes being made in China. The details are close but not up to the quality of a WW2 Japanese sword. The engraving on the habaki is a de3ad giveaway. The Chinese embellish their fakes to much which makes them easy to spot. Also note the tang of the sword lacks the refinement found in even the lowest Japanese factory made blade.
    In the future, please use our picture uploading program as this thread will be come useless once your hosting service deletes the pictures.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Uploaded for the benefit of others who may wish to learn what a nice reproduction looks like.

In my view the entire rig, saya included, is a reproduction.

Regards,
    Stu
    WW2 Japanese sword - real of fake - please advice.WW2 Japanese sword - real of fake - please advice.WW2 Japanese sword - real of fake - please advice.WW2 Japanese sword - real of fake - please advice.WW2 Japanese sword - real of fake - please advice.WW2 Japanese sword - real of fake - please advice.WW2 Japanese sword - real of fake - please advice.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Japanese sword - real of fake - please advice.   WW2 Japanese sword - real of fake - please advice.  

Manetak
    ?

Thank you very much all for theirs reply and notice that it is unfortunately fake again :/
    Just for information. What is the normal price of these reproduction? If I'm not much overpaid.
    For moderator, this is my hosting service where I upload, so photos there will be always available.

I have heard that the wholesale price of these swords is around $75.00 with retail having a 100% mark-up. Possibly other members can confirm this as it is not an area in which I have interest.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.