Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Propaganda cards?

Article about: Saw this on an Auction site, the seller described it as a Propaganda post card, but admitted that they honestly did not know what it is. If anyone can shed light, that would be great!

?

Default WW2 Propaganda cards?

Saw this on an Auction site, the seller described it as a Propaganda post card, but admitted that they honestly did not know what it is. If anyone can shed light, that would be great!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Propaganda cards?   WW2 Propaganda cards?  

Rod
    ?

It's a baking ingredient. Ad from 1905, scroll down the page:

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/ne...19051002.2.4.8

You're right to be suspicious of delicious candied peel, that stuff can seriously enhance a killer cake.

Rod

The card itself is made out as an international postcard issued in Japan. The Japanese wording shown on the card was only used between 1877 and 1912 ( instead of 端書, it was changed to 葉書 in 1912), so dating it to 1905 is reasonable.
    I just don't see the point of a New Zealand Company using Japanese postcards for advertising. The postage stamp that should have gone on the right side is missing, so it could also be an ad that only mimics a Japanese card.

?

Interesting to know! (takes away the majority of my interest to purchase it, but still neat) I'm curious on why it ends with "Yours faithful, Allies"?