Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Type 90 Imperial Japanese Army helmet unknown kanji writing

Article about: Had this helmet for a few years now and never been able to translate the writing on the leather band of the helmet. If anyone could translate it I would be most grateful. Does anyone else th

Default WW2 Type 90 Imperial Japanese Army helmet unknown kanji writing

Had this helmet for a few years now and never been able to translate the writing on the leather band of the helmet. If anyone could translate it I would be most grateful. Does anyone else think that the stains on the leather maybe blood? The helmet looks to have had a few coats of paint. There is definitely a layer of black paint with a sandy colour layer above that with a olive green layer above that. Notice the brush strokes on the final layer. Plenty of pics provided and can't wait for your replies. Thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Type 90 Imperial Japanese Army helmet unknown kanji writing   WW2 Type 90 Imperial Japanese Army helmet unknown kanji writing  

WW2 Type 90 Imperial Japanese Army helmet unknown kanji writing   WW2 Type 90 Imperial Japanese Army helmet unknown kanji writing  

WW2 Type 90 Imperial Japanese Army helmet unknown kanji writing   WW2 Type 90 Imperial Japanese Army helmet unknown kanji writing  

WW2 Type 90 Imperial Japanese Army helmet unknown kanji writing  

a gruesome helmet.

harryamb2 majority of Japanese soldiers fought to the death or committed ritual suicide than be captured so yeah if it is blood it's pretty gruesome alright.

Hi,

6th photo translations (right to left)

鳥海部隊 - Choukai Unit

梅原 - Umehara (Owners' family name)

本田隊 - Honda Squad

Cheers!
    Taka

MAP
    ?

Nice to see you around again Taka-San!!

Redstalker: Nice example, even with the tissue and blood.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you sir for your translation I am most grateful to you.