MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

is this a WWII Japanese helmet or Swedish M26 helmet made to look like one?

Article about: does this helmet look like a fake Japanese helmet made from a Swedish M26?

Default is this a WWII Japanese helmet or Swedish M26 helmet made to look like one?

does this helmet look like a fake Japanese helmet made from a Swedish M26?

is this a WWII Japanese helmet or Swedish M26 helmet made to look like one?is this a WWII Japanese helmet or Swedish M26 helmet made to look like one?is this a WWII Japanese helmet or Swedish M26 helmet made to look like one?is this a WWII Japanese helmet or Swedish M26 helmet made to look like one?

Default Re: is this a WWII Japanese helmet or Swedish M26 helmet made to look like one?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it is.
    This is an incorrect liner for a Japanese helmet.

The insignia also looks glued in position and is
    placed too high, IMO..................
    Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: is this a WWII Japanese helmet or Swedish M26 helmet made to look like one?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Yes, I'm pretty sure it is.
    This is an incorrect liner for a Japanese helmet.

The insignia also looks glued in position and is
    placed too high, IMO..................
    the shell should also have air vent holes and a 3 point chin strap, but some civil defense shells look similiar to this one

?

I thinking Swed m26, It doesn't have the hole for the star or anchor device in the front like the Japanese helmets have. and that liner is not Japanese.

Japanese chin straps were usually cloth. Looks mocked up. NH

I am no way an expert on this, but the written Japanese looks very poor, like a westerner has tried to write it. The stroke order is wrong and character for mountain (looks like a fork, second from last symbol) should have two small lines on the outer side of the fork shame and one long line in the middle.

Definitley not a Japanese helmet. Shape is incorrect. Liner and chin strap is also wrong. Later today , I will post images of the interior of an original helmet for comparison,
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

is this a WWII Japanese helmet or Swedish M26 helmet made to look like one?The liner and chin strap of a genuine Japanese helmet.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

A little super glue will do amazing things.