Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII Japanese Landing Forces Tropical Field Cap

Article about: Gents, I'm kind of getting back into a little collecting passion of some sorts with adding another piece of WWII Japanese militaria to my collection. Once in a while I'll buy an item or two

Default WWII Japanese Landing Forces Tropical Field Cap

Gents,

I'm kind of getting back into a little collecting passion of some sorts with adding another piece of WWII Japanese militaria to my collection. Once in a while I'll buy an item or two to keep the thrill of the hunt alive and this item presented itself to me and I couldn't pass it up. This item appears to be unissued and was made in 1945 at the Naval Clothing depot in Shanghai. The first of it's kind to adorn my collection.

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Japanese Landing Forces Tropical Field Cap   WWII Japanese Landing Forces Tropical Field Cap  

WWII Japanese Landing Forces Tropical Field Cap   WWII Japanese Landing Forces Tropical Field Cap  

WWII Japanese Landing Forces Tropical Field Cap   WWII Japanese Landing Forces Tropical Field Cap  

?

I think it is a type 3 work cap used with type 3 work uniform, that was used in all ijn, for example the sailors who make guard duty or serv in artillery positions in the boat and of course the sailors who serv in ground like infantry.

Type4,

I thank you so much for your assessment and it is duly noted. This is my first piece of Japanese headgear and this could lead to more......

Thank you again!

Joel

?

you welcome, when the mass of sailor lost navy and start service in the ground this cap was extensively used in action

?

An example of tunic type 3 with back pack

that rectangular is navy mess kit

Now, I'm going to have to go for the whole ensemble. lol! All kidding aside as rudimentary the Japanese uniforms were, they held up to the test of time.

?

Joel welcome back & remember it's a NAVY cap unless it's got handwritten kanji that would indicate NLF use. Same goes for helmets

?

Nice looking navy field cap! I hope to get one in my collection some day as well.

Quote by Type4 View Post
    An example of tunic type 3 with back pack
    That doesn't appear to be a Class 3 tunic. It looks more to me like Navy Ground Work Clothes (陸戦業服 Rikusengyofuku), nicknamed the Class 4. The lack of pleats on the top pockets and the absence of flaps on the lower pockets are an indicator.

Last edited by adachi; 05-10-2019 at 05:16 AM. Reason: added more information

?

That in picture have 5 buttons i think is this one, you can translate this?? Thanks

Jareth,

Good to see you as well my friend. Thank you for the clarification on my cap. I appreciate it!

Joel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast