Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Japanese NCO Sword Numbers matching LOW serial number!

Article about: Just bought this and wanting some feedback on it's authenticity. I think it is OK. Has too much wear and patina (in my opinion) for it to be a fake. The number on the scabbard matches the nu

Default WWII Japanese NCO Sword Numbers matching LOW serial number!

Just bought this and wanting some feedback on it's authenticity. I think it is OK. Has too much wear and patina (in my opinion) for it to be a fake. The number on the scabbard matches the number on the blade and I think it's a pretty low number too. From the research I have done, I think this is an "Initial Type" NCO sword with alumium handle and brass guard. The blade is so-so, but it is what it is! I paid $450 for it, so I hope I didn't overpay too much. These things seem to keep going UP UP UP in price! I tried to get the handle off to show the tang, but I couldn't budge it and I did not want to risk breaking it. thanks!

Bill
    WWII Japanese NCO Sword Numbers matching LOW serial number!WWII Japanese NCO Sword Numbers matching LOW serial number!WWII Japanese NCO Sword Numbers matching LOW serial number!WWII Japanese NCO Sword Numbers matching LOW serial number!WWII Japanese NCO Sword Numbers matching LOW serial number!WWII Japanese NCO Sword Numbers matching LOW serial number!WWII Japanese NCO Sword Numbers matching LOW serial number!

?

Default Re: WWII Japanese NCO Sword Numbers matching LOW serial number!

Hi Bill , that`s a nice price for a good original example , and leave the grip untouched that`s another plus point in my opinion .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thanks for the comment! Is it true the lower the serial number the more 'in demand' the sword?? I won't mess with the handle. To me, that was a good sign that it didn't just slide right off...that means it's been on the tang for a long time! I'm still learning, but I too thought this was a good sword. thanks again.

?

Hi bill , yes i agree that lower numbers would be more desirable and it does carry a real nice patina .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...