Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

WWII Japanese sword

Article about: I know nothing about Japanese swords, but I found someone locally with this one for sale. I would like to add one to my collection and If someone can tell me what some of the markings mean,

Default WWII Japanese sword

I know nothing about Japanese swords, but I found someone locally with this one for sale. I would like to add one to my collection and If someone can tell me what some of the markings mean, I can do more research on my own. I just don't know where to start.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Japanese sword   WWII Japanese sword  

WWII Japanese sword   WWII Japanese sword  

I'm thinking its a machine made NCO sword.

Check and see if the numbers on the scabbard match the sword
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I don't know anything about them but, I would buy it just for the history of it coming form the war.

New members would really benefit from reading some of the pinned threads at the top of these sections.
    IJA Type 95 NCO Sword Info
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    New members would really benefit from reading some of the pinned threads at the top of these sections.
    IJA Type 95 NCO Sword Info
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph. There is a lot of info on this thread. I read several which led me to think its a NCO but missed this one.

?

From swords of imperial Japan by Jim Dawson
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Japanese sword  

Yes it is an NCO sword Made for WWII , When I was buying swords back in the 70's I always hated to see these come in, I would make a 25 dollar or so offer and hope I didn't get it But that was 45 years or so ago. Times has changed They do have some Value to them now
    Bob

It looks as though it's made after 1941 so an ok sword - Not the best quality, but also not the worst. Aluminum handle and iron hand guard. If numbers match and I can get it at a decent price I will let you guys know. He's asking $550. I wouldn't want to be more than $350-$400.

?

If the blade is nice and #'s match $550 is a good price

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast