Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Wwii japnese canteen(army?)

Article about: My latest addition to my Japanese collection. I believe this to be a WWii canteen and thinking maybe army. Not sure of writing. I dont see a date on it anywhere. I havent removed the steap a

Default Wwii japnese canteen(army?)

My latest addition to my Japanese collection. I believe this to be a WWii canteen and thinking maybe army. Not sure of writing. I dont see a date on it anywhere. I havent removed the steap as dont want to break the leather on the harness. If you have any thoughts would be much appreciated. Wwii japnese canteen(army?)Wwii japnese canteen(army?)Wwii japnese canteen(army?)Wwii japnese canteen(army?)Thanks

After looking further wonder if that is “56” for 1956?

?

It says "Mizunuma ki" 水沼 き, the name of the canteen's owner

Army Canteen with post Sept. 1941 style harness The Evolution of IJA Canteens (1889-1945) Expanded Version

What a great read on canteens-thanks for passing over the link. I’m actually going to print it out for reference and go back through it again. Thanks again Nick!

Similar in-depth articles are here from me on a wide range of topics. All you need is this master index Master Index for Reference Articles written by Nick Komiya

The date is usually on the bottom in the middle - i.e. behind the canvas strap. Try looking behind the strap with a torch.

It's a nice set. The owner certainly didn't want to give anyone an excuse for not knowing it was his!.

Cheers,
    Tony

Red face Torch ...... (^_^)

Quote by bestmsdt View Post
    The date is usually on the bottom in the middle - i.e. behind the canvas strap. Try looking behind the strap with a torch.
    Here in the good ole' US of A .... a torch is what villagers in Frankenstein movies carry when assaulting the castle ... or used in the garage or kitchen! I'd recommend Americans use a flashlight so as not to burn the material. Without this clarification, I'm afraid some "Joe-Bob" would take his garage "Mr. Torch" to the strap! (^__^)

-- Guy
    Attached Images Attached Images Wwii japnese canteen(army?)