Become our sponsor and display your banner here

1937 Bayonet

Article about: Hello Gents I have a chance at this bayonet. It has some wear on the scabbard but I have never seen a box bayonet with this type of leather holder. Is this good.Bad? Thanks in advance NK

Default 1937 Bayonet

Hello Gents
    I have a chance at this bayonet. It has some wear on the scabbard but I have never seen a box bayonet with this type of leather holder.
    Is this good.Bad?
    Thanks in advance
    NKClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Bayo.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	726643
    What would you know about victory? I killed a she-wolf in her den, armed with only a knife. I escaped the Caughnawaga Indians who sought to burn me alive. And, I was the sole survivor of a shipwreck at the Battle of Havana. So you'll excuse me if I choose not to follow your advice." ―Israel Putnam speaking to a Continental Army officer at the Battle of Bunker Hill.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

From the images which leave a little something (IMO) to be desired in the way of clarity the bayonet itself appears to be OK. With the frog appearing to originally be a Yugoslavian(?) example that has been modified at some indeterminate date. Regards, Fred

?

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    From the images which leave a little something (IMO) to be desired in the way of clarity the bayonet itself appears to be OK. With the frog appearing to originally be a Yugoslavian(?) example that has been modified at some indeterminate date. Regards, Fred
    I'll 2nd that as it looks almost exactly like the frog that came with my M48 and bayonet. The only difference is my frog is a lighter color brown.

Agree Yugo frog s84/98 looks good. timothy

the pictures are second hand from one of my neighbors, i knew something just want right
    What would you know about victory? I killed a she-wolf in her den, armed with only a knife. I escaped the Caughnawaga Indians who sought to burn me alive. And, I was the sole survivor of a shipwreck at the Battle of Havana. So you'll excuse me if I choose not to follow your advice." ―Israel Putnam speaking to a Continental Army officer at the Battle of Bunker Hill.

?

Agree with all that has been said so far. Hard to tell exactly what condition it is actually in from these pictures, but it is numbers matching. The big question would be, how much does he want?

Jim