Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German Police Combat Bayonet 84/98III and Frog

Article about: Pictured one of my favorite German Combat bayonets and frog.. Police issue 84/98III with Dutch manufactured frog....BILL

Default German Police Combat Bayonet 84/98III and Frog

Pictured one of my favorite German Combat bayonets and frog.. Police issue 84/98III with Dutch manufactured frog....BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Police Combat Bayonet 84/98III and Frog   German Police Combat Bayonet 84/98III and Frog  

German Police Combat Bayonet 84/98III and Frog   German Police Combat Bayonet 84/98III and Frog  

German Police Combat Bayonet 84/98III and Frog  
    Attached Images Attached Images German Police Combat Bayonet 84/98III and Frog 
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Police Combat Bayonet 84/98III and Frog
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German Police Combat Bayonet 84/98III and Frog

VERY nice bayonet,I have an FN49 unmarked frog almost the same color as yours.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Police Combat Bayonet 84/98III and Frog   German Police Combat Bayonet 84/98III and Frog  

JEDEM DAS SEINE

Bill, I bought a brown Valk frog with a matching Valk marked belt at one of the auctions at a Max in the late 1990s. I think it was Kim Alstott's. Neither the belt or frog is dated, though the belt does have a nice "G" next to the Valk stamp. Do you have any idea when they were made? Seen any with a date? Both came with a beautiful brown bandelier and cartouche box for Gendarmerie parade dress. I'll try and compose them all together. Here they are with my AWS/scales late E/D S.84/98.

Last edited by Poloberst; 09-18-2008 at 06:03 AM.

Hi Bill,

I recieved a nickel plated "36 Rich Herder" combat bayonet recently.

Have you ever heard of a nickel plated combat bayonet? I had thought that it might have been plated after the war by the vet, but by the looks of it it, could have been done prewar - patina. Perhaps Weimar. Any thoughts about the origin of the nickel plating. I will send pics soon.

Thanks and best regards,

Robert

Thumbs up Re: German Police Combat Bayonet 84/98III and Frog

Hi guys

Those are truley stunning bayonets thay you have there...

Greetz

Nick VR