Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Almost sure these are real K98 bayonets

Article about: by Richie B Darren The last "matching" bayonet you mention in Post #5- it is not matching just because it has the same manufacturer - the bayonet and scabbard serial numbers must a

Default Almost sure these are real K98 bayonets

Have been offered to buy these five bajonettes, pretty poor pictures so cant se much markings on them. They are all without the scabbards.
    Based on what you can see, are they real deal and what would be a reasonable price for them?
    He says they range from 1939-44

Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Almost sure these are real K98 bayonets
    P
    Many

Default Re: Almost sure these are real K98 bayonets

They are original, but condition is not great and the lack of scabbards would kill it for me.

Cheers, Ade.

They are real alright, cost, one is missing a part, no scabards, rough enought blades, depends on makers, 35 euro each at a stretch..one of the bayo guys will put you straight...

Talking Re: Almost sure these are real K98 bayonets

Just copped the picture of your id(Obergefreiter Joseph Porta) very good..

I am pretty new at collecting so bare with me =) I see everything from the war as priceless, maybe it will get better soon so I can leave the not so fine stuff alone haha.
    I was also able to buy one complete bajo matching number and he said Nummerrens tysk K-98 bajonet - cof 43 which I dont know what it means..It says 43 FNJ on the blade and scabbard.
    But this one was rather expensive, dont really know what price is for a bajo this condition with matching numbers,

Haha nice, Love him in Sven hassels books

Dude this is the one you should go for depending on price, when you start collecting, you get inpatient and want to buy, buy, buy...take it easy and buy stuff that you will still enjoy looking at, 5 or 6 years into collection...i can tell you from my limited experience of collection, i look at some of the stuff i bought early on and i say, why the hell did i buy this for...this bayo looks well, nice clean blade, matching numbers.....it would just depend on the asking price, i guess 140 euro??

Quote by himselff View Post
    I am pretty new at collecting so bare with me =) I see everything from the war as priceless, maybe it will get better soon so I can leave the not so fine stuff alone haha.
    I was also able to buy one complete bajo matching number and he said Nummerrens tysk K-98 bajonet - cof 43 which I dont know what it means..It says 43 FNJ on the blade and scabbard.
    But this one was rather expensive, dont really know what price is for a bajo this condition with matching numbers,
    the one with matching #'s is ok, still not real great, look up Andy B there is a k-98 registry on there it should tell you about #'s , makers etc, just found out I had a special scabbard, bayo did not match on #'s, but it had a TR thing on it for being over 100,00, anyway I would not give more than 50.00 bucks each for the rough ones, the matching #'s I would have to look at again, but I have one matching #'s & it looks like crap, got it cheap, but I have 2 non matching #'s bayonets that blow it away. just my opinion.good luck, really if you wait & you nab one like the 39 wyersberg I have then bayonets like those you wont even give them a second look anymore, but it is always nice to have one for parts. anyway I'm no expert.

Quote by darrenj40 View Post
    Dude this is the one you should go for depending on price, when you start collecting, you get inpatient and want to buy, buy, buy...take it easy and buy stuff that you will still enjoy looking at, 5 or 6 years into collection...i can tell you from my limited experience of collection, i look at some of the stuff i bought early on and i say, why the hell did i buy this for...this bayo looks well, nice clean blade, matching numbers.....it would just depend on the asking price, i guess 140 euro??
    Yes I know im impatient will try to get better at it =) If 140 euro is a resonable price for this one I will buy it cause i will get it much cheaper. Thanks darren

Darren

The last "matching" bayonet you mention in Post #5- it is not matching just because it has the same manufacturer - the bayonet and scabbard serial numbers must also match.

I am slightly confused because you mention two different manufacturers codes "cof" (Carl Eickhorn) and "fnj" (Coppel).

The first five bayonets are IMO worthless except perhaps for some spare parts.

Have a look at this site - lots of bayonets !

k98 bayonets data and registry

Regards

Richie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast