Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

another E-pack destroyed by a fake etch

Article about: This one is up for sale, imo they unfortunate etched the blade with a fake postwar etch. Opinions please gents Cheers, Ger

?

Default another E-pack destroyed by a fake etch

This one is up for sale, imo they unfortunate etched the blade with a fake postwar etch.
    Opinions please gents
    Cheers,
    Ger
    another E-pack destroyed by a fake etchanother E-pack destroyed by a fake etchanother E-pack destroyed by a fake etch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement another E-pack destroyed by a fake etch
    P
    Many

A person could have quite the collection, if all he collected were these fake etched bayonets.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I have a friend who has been collecting for many many years who has a bayo similar to this although it is etched to the SS Wiking Division. Unfortunately he has a lot of pride in it so I do not feel like I can burst his bubble. On the plus side his grandson likes it for the etching on the blade so it will get passed down to him and hopefully won't find its way back onto the market.

Just a question for those who study German grammar.... What is the correct spelling for Karl Donitz last name?.... Does it include an "e" inserted after the letter "0" .... Doenitz or without. I have seen both spellings of this name. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry correct way is:
    Karl Dönitz or Karl Doenitz
    if its not possible to write an ö you can replace that for an oe
    Both are the correct way of spelling, but in this case it will be normal to use the Dönitz variant.

Ger

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Just a question for those who study German grammar.... What is the correct spelling for Karl Donitz last name?.... Does it include an "e" inserted after the letter "0" .... Doenitz or without. I have seen both spellings of this name. Regards Larry
    Hi Larry,

It's correct spelling in the German language is 'Dönitz' although it's often spelt with an 'e' in it rather than an umlaut above the 'o' to soften the pronunciation in English versions of the spelling. Here's a couple of examples of his signature, note there is an umlaut over the 'o' but no 'e' present. I used the bookplate example as it is correctly signed by him but the spelling of his name in print is in the English manner as the book was written and published by an English speaking author and published for readers of that language. Note it has been pasted in, indicating that the book itself was not personally signed by him, but added later for possible matters of expediency.

Regards, Ned.

EDIT: Ger beat me to it! Damn pesky pictures....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture another E-pack destroyed by a fake etch  
    Attached Images Attached Images another E-pack destroyed by a fake etch 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.