Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ASW 42 Bayonet

Article about: Hello, everyone! Hope all is well. I acquired this bayonet a few months ago and never really figured out what the frog was marked as? It is Luftwaffe, right? Annoyed from this ads?   If

Default ASW 42 Bayonet

Hello, everyone! Hope all is well. I acquired this bayonet a few months ago and never really figured out what the frog was marked as? It is Luftwaffe, right?

If anyone knows info on it please share! Would appreciate it

L.B.A. (S) BeK LL.-Lg . XII (as best as i could make it out)

1938 Dresden

And the maker name above I can't make out but "LAGE"

ASW 42 BayonetASW 42 BayonetASW 42 BayonetASW 42 BayonetASW 42 BayonetASW 42 BayonetASW 42 Bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ASW 42 Bayonet
    P
    Many

The frog has the Luftwaffe L.B.A. mark as well as a unit mark, and date. Hopefully someone can specify the unit.

Cheers, Warbuff!

42 ASW belongs to the EF Horster Company..and was produced in 1942 see this link here for all codes k98 bayonets data and registry

Scabbard and Bayonet have mismatched numbering..but yet still very desirable and collectable. The Bayo Guys will be able to give more insight on the bayonet..and the frog hanger. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Not much to add with what Larry said nice set anyway Luft LBA marked ones are very desirable frogs for the 84/98 according to Wheeler in 42 wooden grips did reappear that one has the darker bakelite grips of pre 43 orange red colored ones. timothy

What is the LBA about? LW is not my area.

LBA Luftwaffe Bekleidungsamt or airforce clothing depot I have seen buckle tabs, tunics, caps and bayonet frogs stamped LBA I have it in a tunic and belt tab on Luftwaffe buckle made in 1936. timothy

Not bayonet related but example of Luftwaffe LBA mark in tunic, and buckle tab. Hope you don't mind showing in your thread. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ASW 42 Bayonet   ASW 42 Bayonet  

No worries! thanks for the info

Hallo,

there is a L.B.A. (S). This is the Luftwaffe Bekleidungsamt Sonneberg/Thüringen.

Three exist... one in Berlin/Bernau (LBA or LBA B), one in Bielefeld (LBA Bf) and one in Sonneberg ( LBA(S) ).

Bekl L.-Lg . XII = Bekleidungslager Luftgaukommando XII

Where can I find info on the Bekleidungslager Luftgaukommando XII? and what was their purpose?

Thanks for the info, Really appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast