Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bayonet?

Article about: Anyone got an idea as to what this bayonet is please. Can not make out the lettering on the blade, but I think the scabbard has the word 'Mauser' on it. I don't think that the bayonet belong

Default Bayonet?

Bayonet?Bayonet?Bayonet?Bayonet?Bayonet?
    Anyone got an idea as to what this bayonet is please. Can not make out the lettering on the blade, but I think the scabbard has the word 'Mauser' on it. I don't think that the bayonet belongs the this scabbard. Any thoughts would be a help.
    Thanks Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bayonet?
    P
    Many

It's a WWI German "Butcher Blade" that has been cut down, along with the scabbard...
    cheers, Glenn

I think Glenn has it, looks like it's been cut down into a fighting knife!...

SRB
    ?

glenn is right ww1 german bayonet.

Turkish modification perhaps ?

Bayonet?Managed to get a few more but through my jewellers loop and IPhone, come out quite well.Bayonet?Bayonet?Attachment 923103Attachment 923105Attachment 923106

I see no Turkish Markings to suggest that...We do encounter these Cut-Down Blades re-issued to Weimar-Era Reichswehr & Polizei, BUT they are well-marked pieces whereas this is not...Nor do the reissues have such a remodeled scabbard, which appears field-modified...
    I would speculate a field-made Fighting Knife...That scabbard is quite interesting...
    cheers, Glenn

Agree with the guys, will add that it looks like the remains of 17 on the spine indicating manufacture 1917 also here's a picture of what looks like the makers mark which I found on the net if it helps.
    Don't know why the cross guard has been buffed so deep and a number stamped on it. perhaps someone else can help with that.
    Rod
    Bayonet?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Agree with the guys, will add that it looks like the remains of 17 on the spine indicating manufacture 1917 also here's a picture of what looks like the makers mark which I found on the net if it helps.
    Don't know why the cross guard has been buffed so deep and a number stamped on it. perhaps someone else can help with that.
    Rod
    Bayonet?
    Thanks Rod, well done that clears up a lot of questions relating to my bayonet. As you say, god knows why someone has messed with the blade markings and stamped numbers.
    Cheers Steve.

Hello,

this is a very known turkey M35 bayonet made out of a S98/05 from the military assistance from the german empire to the ottoman empire 1917 - 1918.

Typical rework after 1935.
    The most S98/05 were reworked.