Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bayonet - Paul Weyersburg

Article about: I just received this German K98 bayonet with scabbard and frog. Very good condition with matching numbers, etc. It will go very nicely in my collection of WW II memorabilia.

Default Bayonet - Paul Weyersburg

I just received this German K98 bayonet with scabbard and frog. Very good condition with matching numbers, etc. It will go very nicely in my collection of WW II memorabilia.
    Bayonet - Paul WeyersburgBayonet - Paul WeyersburgBayonet - Paul WeyersburgBayonet - Paul WeyersburgBayonet - Paul WeyersburgBayonet - Paul Weyersburg
    Last edited by Larry C; 10-27-2014 at 02:00 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bayonet - Paul Weyersburg
    P
    Many

Early bayonet by Paul Weyersberg, made in 1935. Looks like the blade may of been sharpened though which is a shame (I might be wrong and maybe it's just the way the light is showing on the pic?).
    The scabbard is a 1944 made example by Ernst Pack & son.

Thanks for the info. It's always good to have all the information possible on any relic.

?

As Time bandit said, early Weyersberg with late Pack scabbard. Both look to have been heavily cleaned and blade sharpened, but should still go nicely in a display. Any chance of getting some better pictures of the frog?

Jim

Thanks. I'll take some more closeups of the frog plus some photos of another 98K bayonet I have that has no scabbard or frog.

Okay, here are the photos as promised.
    The frog has the number 0/0836/0013 imprinted on the back. The bayonet has 9823/5 on one side and, as far as I can tell, RICHAHERDER on the other. Input, etc?
    Bayonet - Paul WeyersburgBayonet - Paul WeyersburgBayonet - Paul WeyersburgBayonet - Paul WeyersburgBayonet - Paul WeyersburgBayonet - Paul Weyersburg
    Last edited by johnb593; 10-25-2014 at 10:33 PM.

On your Rich A Herder bayonet the '5' will be a 'b' (top part is a bit worn), the serial number of the bayonet will be 9823 b. If you look on the spine of the bayonet you should see a date stamped,for example, '37' or '38' etc.

The frog I can't really help with as whilst I collect the bayonets I don't usually bother with the frogs. The number on it is an 'RB' number which is like a later war version of the makers code and that's as much as i can say about it.

Here are two more pics of the baynet that has no scabbard. I found the 38 stamped on the spine and I also found something else which I can't make out. Any ideas?
    http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/x...psfc7d4429.jpg
    http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps4e0754e6.jpg

Yep, it's the WaA inspectors stamp. I can't make out the number in the picture but it more than likely will be WaA253 which was the one on most (all?) the bayonets made in the Solingen area at the time that bayonet was made in 1938. If you have a look on the pommel and the release button there should be stamps there also if they've not been worn away.

Mike

For Reference and information on the RBnr system a link started by Adrian Stevenson is quite useful

The Reichsbetriebsnummer RB numbering system.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for the extra pictures! Looks like a nice, late war frog. I haven't seen many rough leather frogs with the finished leather straps, I like it!

Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast