Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dagger knot.. repro?

Article about: Picked up this parade dagger over the weekend but the dealer could't tell me anything about it. What I think is that its way too clean to belong to this dagger. Repro perhaps? If not, with w

Default Dagger knot.. repro?

Dagger knot.. repro?Dagger knot.. repro?Dagger knot.. repro?

Picked up this parade dagger over the weekend but the dealer could't tell me anything about it. What I think is that its way too clean to belong to this dagger. Repro perhaps? If not, with what does it belong? Thanks as always guys.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dagger knot.. repro?
    P
    Many

?

Looks like some kind of "Chevron" material to me ..G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Try giving it a black light test, if the threads glow then that ain't good.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yeah I've been meaning to buy one for that sole intent on a few items. One of those things I haven't gotten around to.... Gwar,you trying to say its a gas station repro?.. Kidding, I see what you are saying but dagger knots are probably something I know the least about. I'm not sure that pattern would be good or not..

?

Quote by General von poopypants View Post
    Yeah I've been meaning to buy one for that sole intent on a few items. One of those things I haven't gotten around to.... Gwar,you trying to say its a gas station repro?.. Kidding, I see what you are saying but dagger knots are probably something I know the least about. I'm not sure that pattern would be good or not..
    Not at all GVP... It just reminds me of "Chevron" material.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

From everything I've seen online these knots come in more designs and colors than I possibly imagined. The design I have is legit but havent found the right color combo yet. Would still leave a blacklight test when I do.

?

Hey GVP,

I would check the light test as Ned states. Some of these even being sold today by Johnson at JRB&M were made in 1960's & 1970s post war. Can you shoot a photo of the thread weave in the end of knot? (Cat's Anus) as some call it. I am NOT the KNOT Expert. Attached below is a chart as well. My opinion is artillery regiment on this one. Also BillyG on here has pretty good knowledge about knots. You may want to look him up and PM on the Member Directory. Also give it your sniff test. 1940 fabric / thread smell is tough to argue with. Good luck.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dagger knot.. repro?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Dagger knot.. repro? 
    Last edited by Rossi; 11-05-2015 at 04:04 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Dagger knot.. repro? nice chart! Here's the picture as requested. Thank you.

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Hey GVP,

Can you shoot a photo of the thread weave in the end of knot? (Cat's Anus) as some call it.
    This term is used for the Kriegsmarine portepees of which an example can be seen in this thread over on WAF.
    portapees??? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Also, this is not a dagger, it is a bayonet.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thread moved to K98 Bayo forum
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast