Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DAK Luftwaffe Bayonet Rig

Article about: Hey guys...I thought I'd post this rig for review and discussion for the bayo guys. I bought the rig as its shown complete with the belt, buckle, frog and canteen from a long time WWII colle

ETF
    ?

Default DAK Luftwaffe Bayonet Rig

Hey guys...I thought I'd post this rig for review and discussion for the "bayo" guys. I bought the rig as its shown complete with the belt, buckle, frog and canteen from a long time WWII collector a few years back. Opinions and information about any of the pieces are welcome and appreciated.

Ed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK Luftwaffe Bayonet Rig   DAK Luftwaffe Bayonet Rig  

DAK Luftwaffe Bayonet Rig   DAK Luftwaffe Bayonet Rig  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Luftwaffe Bayonet Rig
    P
    Many

?

Very nice late war Horster! The bluing didn't hold up well on these later war bayo's, especially on the scabbards, but yours looks very nice and the light box really brings out the color. Are there any markings on the frog?

Jim

Real nice tropical set up I would vote for Luftwaffe s84/98 is very nice as stated. timothy

Nice set up Ed..the condition of the bayo is outstanding,,and theses Afrika rigs are a rare find in itself. Thanks for sharing. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

ETF
    ?

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I checked to see if there are any markings on the frog. I don't see any. I have never taken the scabbard out of the frog to look inside because I didn't want to mess with it but my guess is that if it were marked it would be on the exterior. The belt has a three line black ink stamp on the opposite side of the shot in the photo on the "clip" end which is totally illegible.
    Ed

As said above, a rarely seen set and in superb condition. An excellent find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

That's a really nice belt rig, and a great find. Congrats.

bears the frog a maker marking / Stamp on the backside?

Regards

ETF
    ?

Sleepwalker...the belt has a 3 line black illegible stamp but no markings on the frog.

?

Oh wow, that is a mighty nice rig for sure!
    Congratulations mate.

Brad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast