Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Dress bayonet k98

Article about: Hi dress bayonet from Rich abr herder.

Default Dress bayonet k98

Hi dress bayonet from Rich abr herder.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dress bayonet k98   Dress bayonet k98  

Dress bayonet k98   Dress bayonet k98  

Dress bayonet k98  
    Last edited by Pureg60; 12-26-2017 at 09:32 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dress bayonet k98
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Always need to be careful about these etched blades. I'm no pro but looks to be OK to me but best wait for the bayo guys to opine.

Very nice for these blades to have been given to you by your Grandfather.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

So we have here a Richard Herder parade bayonet not in great shape, probably due to poor storage. That's a shame because it has reduced it's value considerably. Richard Herder were not a big maker of these bayonets but they did do an etched version of which this is an example. It shows the open wing eagle with the unique "potted plants" book ends at either side. The etching looks good, protected by the scabbard, frog is a parade one. This Herder etched bayonet is rare to find, but to my eye is correct.

Hi Pureg...glad you posted the knives separately and Anderson is one of the Forums top K98 Bayo guys. Sounds to me you did very well with this dress bayo and with it being a Herder type and also a authentic etch as it appears.

This blade that came back with your grandfather should hold a higher sentimental value. IMO hold onto it

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-27-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Brilliant thanks yeah first time this has seen the light in 50 years the etching is a real work of art don’t think the photos do it justice it’s keeper for sure.