Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dress bayonet question

Article about: Hy! New acquisition for few weeks ago. Some people said the engraved blade is not period but postwar. Ist this true? Knot is match with bayonet? Is the frog in good condition?

Default Dress bayonet question

Hy!

New acquisition for few weeks ago. Some people said the engraved blade is not period but postwar. Ist this true? Knot is match with bayonet? Is the frog in good condition?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dress bayonet question   Dress bayonet question  

Dress bayonet question   Dress bayonet question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dress bayonet question
    P
    Many

"Some said the etching could be post war.." Well that is possible and the reason we need better photos of the etched blade, without flash. Actually difficult to make a judgement with what you have posted. That said from what I can see, I like. This is an Eickhorn blade with the #3219 Eickhorn remembrance etching with Wehrmacht eagles at both ends. If fact this was probably the most popular Eickhorn etch. This etching type dates from about 1934. It's etched correct blade side and placement looks good as does detailing and frosted background. As for the frog that's an appropriate patent leather dress frog that has got the crazying effect of age, quite normal. But I'd like to see a better close up photo of the etching.

CBH
    ?

I believe it has an Austrian sword knot attached, bayonet could carry a knot, but I wouldn't think this type would be allowed.

?

Austrian republic police sabre knot possible there.b.r.Andy

For me the etch is crisp and Deep as It should...i like it

Thanks guys for answering but this dress has been sold. So the question is objectless.

Never consider it a waste of time..or questions objectless. All these threads that are started are important except those from spammers and trollers trying their luck.

Thankyou for your thread no matter the outcome.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Here are some close ups of my Eickhorn Blade if it helps IceCooler. My blade had a slight gold wash to the etched areas and has faded a bit over time. Personally I don't seen an issue with yours.

Dress bayonet question

Dress bayonet question

Dress bayonet question

Dress bayonet question
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

A late thank you is better than none at all, but I agree with Larry. As long as the photos don't disappear it is a useful learning aid for others. An this particular parade bayonet may re-surface in the future on another thread.

?

Knot is most real interwar austrian gendarmery for Sabre. b.r.Andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast