Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dress KS98

Article about: This bayonet has come from a house clearance and I will be selling it after checking dealer sites for prices, but before doing so and as WWII German isn’t what I collect, I’d like to ask if

?

Default Dress KS98

This bayonet has come from a house clearance and I will be selling it after checking dealer sites for prices, but before doing so and as WWII German isn’t what I collect, I’d like to ask if it’s original and why that piece of red felt is there, just to stop dust and dirt getting in?

It’s marked Anton Wingen Jr. Solingen, the blade is 25cm, the bayonet length is 37.5cm and going by what I’ve seen here in the 3rd Reich blade forum it does look promising that it's original.

Am I correct in calling it a KS98, the K98 being the field use bayonet?

Sorry about the quality of the photos, my camera is buggered so I used a phone.

Thanks for any replies.
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dress KS98   Dress KS98  

Dress KS98   Dress KS98  

Dress KS98  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dress KS98
    P
    Many

Good original bayonet.

Re the red felt insert. These are just for show:

1. Armed forces in General = Red
    2. Jager Formations = Green
    3. Aviation troops = Golden Yellow
    4. Aviation supervisory troops = Green
    5. Aviation Comms troops = Brown
    6. Flak formations = Red
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks very much Ade, it's a pity the scabbard has some rust but then it's probably been in a damp cellar for who knows how long.

Tony

Yes you are correct KS98=dress walking out bayonet s84/98 is combat version there is no term for K98 bayonet but I think most would know what you mean. Check out "Seitengewher 1919 to 1945 by George WHeeler " it will explain it all nice KS98 by the way and great to find them with felt in the slot. timothy

I like that Tim I am now gonna call my k98 dress bayos "my walking around bayonets" Just like "my walking around money". helps me justify my purchases to my wife

Bayo looks pretty good, Will get more for it from ebay.

Cheers

?

Thanks for the replies.

Tim, you can probably guess from my post that I'm not a bayonet or WWII German collector and worse still, the bayo isn't mine. I've checked dealer sites and will put it in the classifieds this week but for such a nice bayonet it seems to be worth less in some countries than a standard, used P07 Commonwealth bayo.

Cheers
    Tony