Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

E PACK dress bayonet

Article about: well heres my freshly aqquired E PACK DRESS BAYONET hope you like it i managed to do a deal with crazy horse on the forum who i speak to quite regularly and he had this up for offer so i jus

Default re: E PACK dress bayonet

Quote by panzerjaeger44 View Post
    i could do ebay i guess but then i could just respray it after iv stripped the paint off im a dab hand with an airbrush after all lol
    glad your happy with it bro, I think strip that one, because they did terrible paint job's, glad they didn't try to paint the bayo., but the reason I say that is it has been with that bayonet since the war & I have seen you paint jobs. but it's yours now , so its your decision.. well I'm outta here time for my Iraq medicine

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement E PACK dress bayonet
    P
    Many

i do like the idea of keeping it with its original scabbard and as im not intending on it going anywhere else i tihnk ill see what the guys say keep as is or respray then go on that and my own final decision mmmm meds enjoy blahh!!

so then no additional answers on restoration cmon guys give me your input id feel better with some solid assistance as to do or dont !!

I would say leave it as is. Just my opinion.

well thats one for the keepers side

Quote by tampalam View Post
    I would say leave it as is. Just my opinion.
    The trouble is it's already been over-painted, so there's no reason not to do it again in my humble opinion

true john but i can strip all the crap away and repaint from bare metal should it be the wiser option and thats why i ask i value the guys opinions here

If it has been messed with once, the damage is sadly already done. If it can be improved upon, well, that is up to the current owner.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by panzerjaeger44 View Post
    so then no additional answers on restoration cmon guys give me your input id feel better with some solid assistance as to do or dont !!
    I know it's yours now, but if we had not traded I was going to repaint it, it has like 5 coats of paint & your painting skills would make it look so much better, as I said before, glad they didn't mess with the bayonet. I vote srip & paint it, because of that one long deep gouge in the side, but it's your baby now good luck on whatever you do.

cheers marty i tihnk ill stip it down n repaint so its got a nive clean even coat next question acrylics or enamels lol and then matt satin or gloss

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast