Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

E PACK dress bayonet

Article about: well heres my freshly aqquired E PACK DRESS BAYONET hope you like it i managed to do a deal with crazy horse on the forum who i speak to quite regularly and he had this up for offer so i jus

Default Re: E PACK dress bayonet

i have some modellors scratch pads that are like an abrasive fronted sponge with an ultra fine grit ill pop it in a ziplock for a few days with some oven cleaner and if im lucky that old trick will strip all the crap off then ill use the pad and keep her nice n smooth after that its paint time my next question is still the finish should it be matt satin or gloss if its satin or gloss i can paint it with acrylic and treat with johnsons clear?future never remeber what its called where and itll protect and laquer it , if its matt i have some high grade acrylic matt varnish i can irbrush on but id like to get the finish one properly obviously , looking forward to paintign that stahlhelm rsin minature crazy sp
    k later bro

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement E PACK dress bayonet
    P
    Many

oh i nearly forgot bayo is about 9 to 93/4 in long blade sdo im thinking long blade just checking as i had a ww2 czech one and it was 11 in blade

?

ya def. a long dress bayo then! Im not sure what to use for paint, but let me know what u did. I would like to hear or see your opinions when you are done of what paint is best to use. Thanks and good luck. your idea of getting the old paint off will turn out alot better than mine looks, i can promise you that. ha

?

ya i hear ya crazy....i have a few too and i was thinkin about sellin or trading my short dress for sumthin too. for some reason ive been really into the combat bayos lately. Dont get me wrong, I still love a good ol dress bayonet, but theres sumthin about that blued blade on the combats that gets me goin

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    ya i hear ya crazy....i have a few too and i was thinkin about sellin or trading my short dress for sumthin too. for some reason ive been really into the combat bayos lately. Dont get me wrong, I still love a good ol dress bayonet, but theres sumthin about that blued blade on the combats that gets me goin
    yeah, I love my 5 or 6 k98 bayo's, all bakelite handles, half of them matching #'s , then I have 9 or 10, can't remember - m-4's for my m-1 carbine & 3 japanese bayo's, but one is for parts, got screwed on it, they took a dremel tool to it to shine it up, then took crap pic's, oh well, I needed the handles for my rare one made in china. , but I figured Panzer had to leave his stuff to move here, so like I said, I don't mind helping a war comrade & bro. cya later. take care. Marty

and appreciated it most cetaintly was crazy cant wait to post the patches when they get here !!!

Talking Re: E PACK dress bayonet

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    ya def. a long dress bayo then! Im not sure what to use for paint, but let me know what u did. I would like to hear or see your opinions when you are done of what paint is best to use. Thanks and good luck. your idea of getting the old paint off will turn out alot better than mine looks, i can promise you that. ha
    ill let you know once iv succeeded im a model maker by trade so have a few tricks up my sleeve if you get bored feel free to have a browse of some of my work thats posted if i get a good result with the repaint on this one and you like it feel free to contact me and ill glady assist or do yours for you just cover shipping and costs im not into making a profit form a fellow collector unless its a ridiculous ammount of work or a commission pice like a tank or figure etc summat like this is just a nice way of respectign a fellow collector

?

Thats genuinely nice of you panzer 44. I appreciate that offer. So you do modeling work huh?? I just finished a Panther tank myself. I'm not good at it and to be honest it was my first tank. but i did a camo paint theme and it came out alright. It's in my profile picture album if you decide you want to have a laugh for yourself! haha I'm going to check out your stuff. is it in your profile or sumthin? thanks again for the offer man, I will definitely keep that in mind if I decide to do mine too.

?

Hey PJ44, Yeah strip it back, you never know you might reveal the original paint underneath and if need be just do some touch up work, like to see it afterwards, regards dave

?

Pnz44.....Just checked out your modeling. beautiful work man. You're gonna hafta give me some pointers if I ever get into buying another tank model

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast