MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Eickhorn etched short pattern, looking to buy, opinions?

Article about: Hi, Just wanted some opinions on this standard etch Eickhorn short pattern dress bayonet as I am thinking of buying it, it would be my first etched bayonet and I don't want to pick a bad one

Default Eickhorn etched short pattern, looking to buy, opinions?

Hi, Just wanted some opinions on this standard etch Eickhorn short pattern dress bayonet as I am thinking of buying it, it would be my first etched bayonet and I don't want to pick a bad one so thought I would ask here.
    The photos I have posted are from the dealers site and are all I have at the moment, it looks fine to me but would like those with the expertise to give their opinions about it. The frogs patent leather finish has typically age melted onto the fittings and grip but I think this can be easily cleaned off ? I'm told it's not corrosion just the leather and that's what it looks like to me. The plating to the fittings is all present but a bit dull and I'm not sure if that would clean back up or best to leave it if I buy it. What do you think comments welcome.
    Thanks, Andy.
    Eickhorn etched short pattern, looking to buy, opinions?Eickhorn etched short pattern, looking to buy, opinions?Eickhorn etched short pattern, looking to buy, opinions?Eickhorn etched short pattern, looking to buy, opinions?Eickhorn etched short pattern, looking to buy, opinions?Eickhorn etched short pattern, looking to buy, opinions?Eickhorn etched short pattern, looking to buy, opinions?Eickhorn etched short pattern, looking to buy, opinions?Eickhorn etched short pattern, looking to buy, opinions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn etched short pattern, looking to buy, opinions?
    P
    Many

Hi Andy, looks like an honest example to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yes it is. Probably the most common/popular seller, this is the Eickhorn 3219 pattern on a 20 cm carbine blade. The short version means the right hand side fleur-de-lis "book end" is missing up beside the ricasso. These are fairly common, and this one the frosted background is a little "dirty". But it really depends on the price. Be worth comparing prices with what other dealers offer for the same bayonet. Hopefully the black marks on the hilt are just disolved patent leather, but should check that also.