Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

An engraved bayo.....

Article about: Dear gentlemen hello and happy new year! On my french forum,there's presently a hard fight around this bayo.The guy who bought it (a decent collector,not a rookie...) to a former resistant h

Default An engraved bayo.....

Dear gentlemen hello and happy new year!
    On my french forum,there's presently a hard fight around this bayo.The guy who bought it (a decent collector,not a rookie...) to a former resistant here in France has no doubt on it.But many members say it's a British fake dated 1970...In fact this bayo is slightly different from the fakes they're talking about..
    Since you are the world's pros of the bayonet can you help us please?
    Thank you very much!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An engraved bayo.....  
    Attached Images Attached Images An engraved bayo..... 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An engraved bayo.....
    P
    Many

Default Re: An engraved bayo.....

a k98 bayonet have you got a straight on photo of the engraving i have heard about the 70s fakes but never seena proper one

It is indeed a British fake from the 1970's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It is indeed a British fake from the 1970's.

Cheers, Ade.
    were there any actual war time ones or are they all fakes??

These are original wartime COMBAT bayonets with added fake etchings. A whole range of them were available in "Exchange & Mart" magazine back in the 70's.

Combat bayonets should never be found with engraved blades.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

cheers Ade useful to know

Ade,you do confirm what 90 percent of the members have said to this guy.I generally transfer a french controversial debate question on WRF,cause you know well the frenchies:a lot of them have a very,very big mouth,héhé...
    A huge thank you to you!

You can find these bayonets with just the SS Motto or dedications to almost all of the 30 odd SS divisions, plus a few fantasy units as well.

Actually some people now collect them in their own right (!) as post war creations. Not my idea of a collectable item, but each to his own. I have seen them make £100 before. Which I think is crazy! If I remember correctly, they sold for about £15 in the 1970's.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I personally believe, this is a fake from late 90ies made in Czechia, Hungary or Poland, as the bayonet itself is damaged through sharpening, and there are floral or similar motivs like on dress bayonets. certainly it was lately blued or upgraded so it looks old finish. The frog looks like from dress piece.