Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

etched dress-bayonet Robert Klaas

Article about: World War 2 was something unique in the history, unequalled by anything. "When you are too close to a mountain, you just can't see its highness". We are too close from those events

Default etched dress-bayonet Robert Klaas

Hi there !

Wanna show you a nice etched dress-bayonet, (Extra-Seitengewehr), of the Wehrmacht; maker: Robert Klaas

This is not the only kind of an Klaas blade-etching, but this one isn´t very common.

The bayonet was a gift to me from an veteran of the German Navy and the former owner was the brother of this man.

The veteran told me, that his brother was "awarded" with this dress-dagger at Vienna Military-Acadamy.

His brother fought in Russia, was wounded in the Crimea-Campaign and after recovery he was stationed in France and was then captured at D-Day ...

Best,

R.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture etched dress-bayonet Robert Klaas   etched dress-bayonet Robert Klaas  

etched dress-bayonet Robert Klaas   etched dress-bayonet Robert Klaas  

etched dress-bayonet Robert Klaas  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement etched dress-bayonet Robert Klaas
    P
    Many

Default Re: etched dress-bayonet Robert Klaas

Hi Reibert,

It's very nice to know so much about the former owner. For me, all this info makes this bayonet even greater.

That is a very nice etched klass

Quote by Nifartachi View Post

It's very nice to know so much about the former owner. For me, all this info makes this bayonet even greater.
    Ja, "the story behind" is always the really important thing !

The Navy-Veteran told me during some long evenings some very interesting story´s.

He was serving on destroyer´s, (one of them was "Hans Lody").

The man was also in Norway, was searching out for mines in the Channel and to the end of the war he was ordered to Pillau and was a "Trainee" to serve on U-Boat´s.

The Veteran told me, he was doing only two "tour´s" onboard an submarine-boat from Germany to "an South American Country" with some "High-Ranking" Passenger´s.

He also told me the number of the boat, but I had to forget it , and I forgot ...

This veteran then was in british war-captivity and saved his "Südwester", ("Southwester", a leather-hat), and his leather-jacket over the time.

He has to remove the "Kriegsmarine"-buttons and cashed them for leather-one´s ...

Rgds.,

R.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture etched dress-bayonet Robert Klaas   etched dress-bayonet Robert Klaas  

WOW! When did that U boat visited South America?

WOW! When did that U boat visited South America?

Well, I was curious if that happened in the last days of the war. Maybe that Austrian we all know, did manage to escape.

Well, I was curious if that happened in the last days of the war. Maybe that Austrian we all know, did manage to escape.
    I assume, you mean A.H., didn´t I ?

If not:

This Austrian Kriegsmarine-Veteran did not escape, as I told before ...

He went in a british war prison-camp ...

Rgds.,

R.

BTW:

This Veteran lived several years after WWII with his wife in England, and he told me, they spent a good time there ...

Yes, Reibert, to the fuhrer I was referring. But don't take that too serious.

By the way, did you recorded, in any way, those stories he told you?

Yes, Reibert, to the fuhrer I was referring. But don't take that too serious.

By the way, did you recorded, in any way, those stories he told you?
    How I should, how I could ?

If a veteran´s telling me story´s I can believe them, or not ...

All I can tell you, he showed me his award´s, his Navy-dagger, some pic´s of his time in war and the word´s, he told me ...

And as he told me from war, I looked into his eyes and believe me, this man´s not a liar ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast