Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Etched dress/parade bayonet.

Article about: Was wondering if anyone had any info on this bayonet and maybe what it worth?

Default Etched dress/parade bayonet.

Was wondering if anyone had any info on this bayonet and maybe what it worth?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Etched dress/parade bayonet.   Etched dress/parade bayonet.  

Etched dress/parade bayonet.   Etched dress/parade bayonet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Etched dress/parade bayonet.
    P
    Many

?

Sorry to dissapoint, but authentication is what the people here will do for you, nonetheless for free, even. Although if you want to know the value, then you'd have to compare it to some on the internet.

Although if you were to ask me for value, then I'd say about 30 bucks to the right man
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/k98-b...ayonet-176882/
    I don't think this ones real.

Regards,
    Bas

1 more pic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Etched dress/parade bayonet.  

I did a little research and the only other one I found with this exact etching on the front was on this forum. And I haven't seen any with the dates etched on the back like this one.

Hi Upfall welcome to the forum..these etched bayos are a minefield of disaster for your wallet..unless you really know what to look for in detail on the tch itself. The photos you posted are very difficult to view as the flash is heavy and washes out any hope of authenticity.

It takes a very trained eye and that of this type of collector..as these once original plain blade dress bayos are easily reproduced with a laser etch.
    Close ups of the etch itself would be helpful minus the flash. No need for the flash as the blade acts like a mirror and throws back into the lense the same light it came from.
    No flash photos please.
    have you tried the forum search engine and type in "fake etch bayonets" ?

There are an abundance of thread study with over 10pages of links to past threads. check some of these out ,,as I dont think you may have seen these yet.
    I dont collect these bayo types..and it would be best to wait for further input from an advanced collector here on this forum.
    Photos first of the etch before we proceed further.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Better pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Etched dress/parade bayonet.   Etched dress/parade bayonet.  

You can compare your bayonet etching to one that I personally own that I am dead certain was period done as my uncle brought it back with him from Germany in 1945-46. Bob