Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Etched Panzer Bayonet. Fake or real?

Article about: Hi Chaps. I bought this a while ago but have had my doubts about it. I have seen one very similar, but would like to hear your opinions.

Default Etched Panzer Bayonet. Fake or real?

Hi Chaps. I bought this a while ago but have had my doubts about it. I have seen one very similar, but would like to hear your opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Etched Panzer Bayonet. Fake or real?   Etched Panzer Bayonet. Fake or real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Etched Panzer Bayonet. Fake or real?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Etched Panzer Bayonet. Fake or real?

Hi Mark I myself like it, it is a puma etch Pattern Nr. 6350 and matches your maker mark, classed in the book as "common" however would it be poss to get a clearer pic of the blade? my knowlage on etched blades is small and maybe one of the more experienced guy's will put me straight, nice bayo
    thanx for showing.
    Ronnie

Hello again Mate

The pattern that you show, is actually in Wayne Techet's book.

Puma produced fine quality etch blades.

It is a standard inscription from the factory, and "Panzer Regt 4" and "Schweinfurt" would have been added by the owner, before taking delivery. "Schweinfurt is an industrial city which will be remembered for it's continuous production of ball bearings despite heavy allied bombing

Back to the blade.................... I have concerns over the quality, especially where the letters and motif touch the sides (high lighted in red) Each of the curved lines around the open-winged eagle, at the point end, and the helmet at the ricasso should be clear, unbroken, and without distortion

I'll leave you to be the judge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Etched Panzer Bayonet. Fake or real?  

john i can see the edges more clearer on your pic, and have to agree with you totally .............not a good sign
    cheers Ronnie

Cheers Ronnie and John. I,ll try and get better pics. Trouble is i,ve only got a small digital job and could do with investing in a better one with macro. Anyway, taken your comments onboard and thanks. Have a good one .