Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"A.Evertz KS98 dress bayonet with spanner nuts."

Article about: Good evening, I am considering purchasing a historical German dagger, and after searching around for a couple of weeks, I found this. What are your thoughts, are there any red flags like a b

?

Default "A.Evertz KS98 dress bayonet with spanner nuts."

Good evening,

I am considering purchasing a historical German dagger, and after searching around for a couple of weeks, I found this. What are your thoughts, are there any red flags like a beginner like me might have missed?
    In addition, roughly, what is the highest price I should be willing to pay for this item?
    Looking forward to hearing from you!

"A.Evertz KS98 dress bayonet with spanner nuts.""A.Evertz KS98 dress bayonet with spanner nuts.""A.Evertz KS98 dress bayonet with spanner nuts.""A.Evertz KS98 dress bayonet with spanner nuts."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "A.Evertz KS98 dress bayonet with spanner nuts."
    P
    Many

Hello.

Would not be classified as a dagger but a dress bayonet... ks98 dress bayonet.
    used with walking out uniforms.

But a decent looking bayonet and nice with the red felt insert.. always a bonus when the felt is in them!

Depends on where you are located in the world
    But 120-140 euro i think would be a fair price..

Best regards,
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard

Its not often an Arthur Evertz Dress bayo is encountered . Nice find

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

It was listed under daggers, but yea it isnt!

Whoever had that listed under " daggers " , does not know the basic difference between an edged weapon having 2 edges ( dagger ) versus one. ( Knife )

Yet the word " knife " can carry both meanings.
    A Bayonet can be used as a dagger or thrust weapon ..the end result equals to severely injured or death.

I hope you got a bargain price
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Yes, a less common maker, with unique spanner screws different to the E Pack type. Condition good/ average, the scabbard lets it down. Correct frog. I would think about US $130 if from a US based dealer.

I wouldn't purchase such an item as the bolts & spanner nuts holding the grip plates in place are definitely not original to the piece. I've owned a couple of Evertz KS98 & Feuerwehr bayonets & followed dress bayonets for some time & never seen one with this type of assembly. The only known examples with such a configuration are from Pack & Aesculap.

The bolts do not look special at all but rather something that worked in a pinch. The spanner nuts on the reverse give the example a pinch of authenticity but it's only an attempt to deceive. Avoid such a headache & save your money for a period original with no questions.

Quote by Billy G View Post
    I wouldn't purchase such an item as the bolts & spanner nuts holding the grip plates in place are definitely not original to the piece. I've owned a couple of Evertz KS98 & Feuerwehr bayonets & followed dress bayonets for some time & never seen one with this type of assembly. The only known examples with such a configuration are from Pack & Aesculap.

The bolts do not look special at all but rather something that worked in a pinch. The spanner nuts on the reverse give the example a pinch of authenticity but it's only an attempt to deceive. Avoid such a headache & save your money for a period original with no questions.
    Will agree with Billy G on this after taking a second look.. save your money and find a better one..
    Plenty of theese around and to be found for a good price.

The grip screws and spanner nuts could be from a service S.84/98 (98K) bayonet. The frog I'm a little less certain about - thinking that it might be a modified Luftwaffe service frog that has had the rivets removed. In any event this combo would be one that I would pass on and keep on looking for one that does not have any possible "issues". Best Regards, Fred

Good to have a debate for once. I can't see anything in the screws and nuts that immediately says post war additions. The third photo shows a close look at one screw and it appears to have been some nickel plating remaining, as you would expect on a dress bayonet. The screw heads are too large for a S.84/98 combat, even the 1918 version (which I have). And Fred I can't see any evidence of rivets once residing in that frog. I have an unmarked KS98 bayonet that has screws and spanner nuts, very similar to this one. The only difference being the screw has no crosshead. I wouldn't rule this example out simply on the basis of rarity, as the maker itself is not often encountered. In that case it is very hard to say a maker "never did that" over 15 years of production, where few example survive. That said I wouldn't pay any more than what I originally mentioned and there are certainly better ones out there.
    If I had to guess, I would wonder if this is not a 1920's version. The scabbard has some early suggestions about it.

"A.Evertz KS98 dress bayonet with spanner nuts."

Example of spanner nut dress bayonet, maker as of yet unknown.
    Last edited by Anderson; 07-29-2018 at 12:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast