Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ew user with an interesting WW2 German Knofe found in Yosemite

Article about: Firstly I would like to say hi I am a new user and this is my first post here , I'm not a German collector but found this really interesting German Knife marked SS on the back. I think it's

Default Ew user with an interesting WW2 German Knofe found in Yosemite

Firstly I would like to say hi
    I am a new user and this is my first post here , I'm not a German collector but found this really interesting German Knife marked SS on the back. I think it's a K98 bayonet ? I'm probably wrong , Amy info would
    Be much appreciated.
    Have no knowledge of German items
    Thanks Ew user with an interesting WW2 German Knofe found in YosemiteEw user with an interesting WW2 German Knofe found in YosemiteEw user with an interesting WW2 German Knofe found in YosemiteEw user with an interesting WW2 German Knofe found in YosemiteEw user with an interesting WW2 German Knofe found in YosemiteEw user with an interesting WW2 German Knofe found in YosemiteEw user with an interesting WW2 German Knofe found in YosemiteEw user with an interesting WW2 German Knofe found in YosemiteEw user with an interesting WW2 German Knofe found in YosemiteEw user with an interesting WW2 German Knofe found in Yosemite

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ew user with an interesting WW2 German Knofe found in Yosemite
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Welcome to the forum , it is a K-98 bayonet . I don't want to make a call on the markings .

In the SS section you might find more about the mark .

Hi SW ..welcome to the forum...The hanger itself and the bayo are great together..I see no issues not unless the bayos guys see something that I dont.

I would be careful at the moment until Andy B, Fred and Sleepwalker chime in on the stamping. It appears to be recent and opposite of the condition of the overall frog which is very worn.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Unfortunally the S84/98 was sharpened, it could be a good one, production for police or Reichspost of Paul Weyersberg, not army WaA proofed, the frog is from late of 30ies, but personally i dont like the SS stamps, maybe the other experts could help on this.b.r.Andy

Thanks guys for the replys. I'll take some
    Better pics , got it from an old junk shop for next to nothing in Yosemite park

CBH
    ?

It's nice to have the frog even if it marked with a dubious SS stamp .

Would these non-WaA proofed bayonet still be serial numbered ?

Hope you enjoy your time at the Forum .

In line with AndyB's thinking the bayonet appears in the photos to be a later one from Weyersberg which tended to use serial numbers, whereas others did not for the so-called "Commercial" bayonets. Also not particularly liking the frog markings myself (but to be fair a much closer look could help). Which is not to say that there are not SS frogs and bayonets - but my impression is that at some time or place somebody put this combination together based on what they read or saw somewhere that wasn't accurate. Best Regards, Fred

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    In line with AndyB's thinking the bayonet appears in the photos to be a later one from Weyersberg which tended to use serial numbers, whereas others did not for the so-called "Commercial" bayonets. Also not particularly liking the frog markings myself (but to be fair a much closer look could help). Which is not to say that there are not SS frogs and bayonets - but my impression is that at some time or place somebody put this combination together based on what they read or saw somewhere that wasn't accurate. Best Regards, Fred
    Thanks Fred
    I'll get some better pics up with my camera outside

Thanks

Also just to add , I did not pay a lot for this piece as I'm not a German collector , just love the craftsmanship on it. It was found in an old junk shop in Yosemite park US

Thanks

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast