Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

F.Herder A .SN Bayonet,Scabbard and Frog

Article about: I have had this bayonet scabbard and frog for a few months the bayonet is nicely maker marked F.HERDER A. SN and is date stamped 1939 with the serial number 1851 the scabbard is maker marked

?

Default F.Herder A .SN Bayonet,Scabbard and Frog

I have had this bayonet scabbard and frog for a few months the bayonet is nicely maker marked F.HERDER A. SN and is date stamped 1939 with the serial number 1851 the scabbard is maker marked I believe with a CVL and the serial number is 6146 and dated 1941 I do know they are not matching but I am having a problem finding who the maker of the scabbard was any help would be appreciated.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture F.Herder A .SN Bayonet,Scabbard and Frog   F.Herder A .SN Bayonet,Scabbard and Frog  

F.Herder A .SN Bayonet,Scabbard and Frog   F.Herder A .SN Bayonet,Scabbard and Frog  

F.Herder A .SN Bayonet,Scabbard and Frog   F.Herder A .SN Bayonet,Scabbard and Frog  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement F.Herder A .SN Bayonet,Scabbard and Frog
    P
    Many

Default Re: F.Herder A .SN Bayonet,Scabbard and Frog

cvl is Weyersberg, Kirschbaum & co. "WKC"

?

Thanks Rene as always you are a big help I will google them to see what I can find out.

Regards Mark K

?

The piece is probably a postwar rework as seen the new number on pommel, same as there is a new blueing on bard and rivet on mouthpiece, the frog is for dress bayonet not combat.

?

Thanks for the imput AndyB I never even thought of it as a postwar rework just assumed the bayonet and the scabbard were miss matched items as to the frog I guess I will have to find a dress bayo so that it will have it self a proper mate.

Regards Mark K

?

Hi Koz,here is a website you might find very useful.....k98 bayonets data and registry
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Thanks for the link zwerge I will post it to my favorites and look at it tonight after work.

Regards Mark K