MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fantasy 98K bayonet?

Article about: Hi to all I found this on sale, and i want to be shure that this is fantasy or is it? Regards and happy new year.

Default Fantasy 98K bayonet?

Hi to all

I found this on sale, and i want to be sure that this is fantasy or is it?

Regards and happy new year.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fantasy 98K bayonet?   Fantasy 98K bayonet?  

Fantasy 98K bayonet?   Fantasy 98K bayonet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fantasy 98K bayonet?
    P
    Many

Hello, fantasy, not for you! (and me)
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Bayonets were not under RZM control
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello,

Thank you for your reply´s, i will stay away from this thing....

Thankyou for posting

it will still make for a discussion with the one square marking on the ricasso
    Wait for the Bayo guys to chime in

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Just when I thought that I had seen them all - I get surprised. This thing has so many "issues" I don't even know where to start. To help sort them out I do have a question about where or from what is this combination coming from?? Best Regards, Fred

Hi Fred,

This bayonet is in Finland, but i can´t tell you where it is coming from, i do not own this. It is forsale one of our network selling place.

Regards

It's a complete fake, both bayonet and frog. The bayonet is an attempt, but poor attempt at making a S 84/98, proportions are wrong. The ricasso seems to be marked "Waffenfabrik Mauser", which is nonsense. Mauser made some WW1 era S 98/05 (butcher) bayonets but not the S 84/98.

CBH
    ?

SS Panzer Divisions have their own bayonets, I had no idea, must have make logistics a real pain!
    Could that have any more Fake stamps on it, or did they run out of space.

Glad I caught the thread. Been searching for a "genuine" bayo to complement my 98. Knowing what to look for is the first rule of thumb to avoid fakery. Thanks for above comments. I know some are more rare depending on the maker. Be nice if sellers were all honest but we know that is not always the case. "Buyer Beware"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast