Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Felt Bayonet Rifle Slot Buffers

Article about: I have been reading a few threads here on the K98 Forum and there seems to be a difference of opinion on the colors of the Buffers and their meaning. I am in the middle with the topic itself

Default Felt Bayonet Rifle Slot Buffers

I have been reading a few threads here on the K98 Forum and there seems to be a difference of opinion on the colors of the Buffers and their meaning. I am in the middle with the topic itself so I can not say much about them. What I would like to create is a discussion with enough information and photos that can be gathered on the topic so as to limit the thread search and make it a reference link for the K98 bayonet collector.
    In the past there have been differences of opinion on this but I would like to open it up and bring to light some truths on these colored Rifle Slot Buffers. Please add as much photos and documentation a possible Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Felt Bayonet Rifle Slot Buffers

i have heard red is artillery and brown is luftwatte

Hello Larry,
    Ade has posted quite an good list on this subject on this thread.
    Pioneer dress bayonet pickup
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I have only seen Red mostly and a few green original ones to KS98 however Johnson sells all different colors, and says they are ww2 timothy