Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Felt Bayonet Rifle Slot Buffers

Article about: I have been reading a few threads here on the K98 Forum and there seems to be a difference of opinion on the colors of the Buffers and their meaning. I am in the middle with the topic itself

Default Felt Bayonet Rifle Slot Buffers

I have been reading a few threads here on the K98 Forum and there seems to be a difference of opinion on the colors of the Buffers and their meaning. I am in the middle with the topic itself so I can not say much about them. What I would like to create is a discussion with enough information and photos that can be gathered on the topic so as to limit the thread search and make it a reference link for the K98 bayonet collector.
    In the past there have been differences of opinion on this but I would like to open it up and bring to light some truths on these colored Rifle Slot Buffers. Please add as much photos and documentation a possible Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Felt Bayonet Rifle Slot Buffers
    P
    Many

Default Re: Felt Bayonet Rifle Slot Buffers

i have heard red is artillery and brown is luftwatte

Hello Larry,
    Ade has posted quite an good list on this subject on this thread.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/k98-b...pickup-238862/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I have only seen Red mostly and a few green original ones to KS98 however Johnson sells all different colors, and says they are ww2 timothy