Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A few pics of my K98

Article about: Here are a few pictures of my K98 bayonet stamped in to the leather on the reverse side of the frog is 5/J.R.79 I could anyone shed light on this was told it may be from the 5th Jager Divisi

?

Default A few pics of my K98

Here are a few pictures of my K98 bayonet stamped in to the leather on the reverse side of the frog is 5/J.R.79 I could anyone shed light on this was told it may be from the 5th Jager Division any info would be great.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few pics of my K98   A few pics of my K98  

A few pics of my K98   A few pics of my K98  

A few pics of my K98   A few pics of my K98  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A few pics of my K98
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: A few pics of my K98

Nice bayonet,the German letters I & J are interchangeable,so it could be Infantry Regiment.....Pete. ( but I`ve been wrong before )
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Thanks for the info it will help me build up some history behind it.

Nice military bayonet 84/98 in what is referred to by collectors as mounted frog. My friend has a similar marked frog. ASW E.u.F. Horster built in 1942 I don't know on the JR no I have read as stated could be Infantry Reg or a Jager. Hopefully someone can tell you what they think. We have some good experts here on this thread. timothy

Busman...there is a wealth of information regarding codes and numbering on these K98 bayos on this thread here https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/k98-b...d-rbnr-233978/

click over the highlighted titles which will take you to that thread of info. Great stuff there for this type of collecting
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for all the info , hopefully someone will give info on it being an infantry division number or a jäger division or maybe it points to something else.

Since 1939 this type of frog was introduced for the whole Heer (Army).

5./ JR 79 I = 5. Kompanie, Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 79 , I. (equimpent) set

Information to the IR79:
    Infanterieregiment 79 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Regards