Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First K98 Bayonet

Article about: Hello Forum, I recently bought my very first K98 bayonet, its a very used looking 42, Eickhorn made bayonett, missing its frog. The scabbard is marked 1726 y, while the blade is marked 276 y

Default First K98 Bayonet

Hello Forum,

I recently bought my very first K98 bayonet, its a very used looking 42, Eickhorn made bayonett, missing its frog.

The scabbard is marked 1726 y, while the blade is marked 276 y (although i see a very weak stroke where the 1 would be supposed to be - either a misstamp, or my imagination trying to make an matching number piece out of it).
    Overall the piece is in a rather rough shape, but i like that as it shows it was really used.
    The blade is unsharpend and dull as its supposed to be.
    All Waffenamt stamps on the surface have disappeared and i wont take it apart to look for the others.

Regards,
    Adravor

First K98 Bayonet First K98 Bayonet
    First K98 Bayonet First K98 Bayonet First K98 Bayonet

First K98 BayonetFirst K98 Bayonet

First K98 Bayonet First K98 Bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First K98 Bayonet
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a match to me,it`s been there and back.......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Looks like matching one, 1726Y, the 1 is hard readable, should be oiled metall parts, possible the wood grips were laquered? possible overall bayonet? should be gently removed. b.r.Andy

Nice! Gotta get me one of those to complement my 98k. Thanks for sharing.

Looks like a nice well used matching bayonet. Congrats.
    John

Been there and back...and a wittness to many battles and seen many places.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A little tired, but it's a matching one and condition is what you often see with veteran souvenir bayonets, many had a rough life in peacetime as well! The wood grip plates on a 1942 Eickhorn are also correct, so not a post war addition. Does look like a vanish coat has been applied. I would think careful removal would improve the appearance.

Nice honest example, pick up nice old frog to complete it.

But please first make sure the woodworms are dead

I love these "has been there" pieces. I´m looking for a good frog, but havent seen a good one yet, but i keep looking. As for the vanish coat, if i remove it, with what should i remove it? I´ve never done anything in this direction, so any Tipps to avoid possible mistakes would be greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast