Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Footlocker Find

Article about: The pictured rig i.e. 98k Bayonet, Heer belt buckle, leather belt & bayonet frog were found in an old footlocker the bayonet is marked Coppel GMBH 1939 under the crossguard & on the

?

Default Footlocker Find

The pictured rig i.e. 98k Bayonet, Heer belt buckle, leather belt & bayonet frog were found in an old footlocker the bayonet is marked Coppel GMBH 1939 under the crossguard & on the other side 4753 with a "J" below the number along with the waffen ampt number 255 on pommel. The blade spine is marked 39. The scabbard throat is also marked with #47 53 and Coppel GMBA and the scabbard tip with the waffen ampt 255.
    The belt buckle(no leather tab) is marked JFS(Josef Feix Sohn of Goblon) in a box. Buckle still has most of the field gray color. The leather belt is only marked with the size"90".
    Was wondering what the "J" under the bayonet number stands for??
    The footlocker belonged to a friends father who passed , it also contained his uniform etc along with the above rig, he gave me the rig.

Horst

Footlocker Find
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Footlocker Find
    P
    Many

That's a nice one to have Horst, coming from a friend. The photo is a little distant to make much comment on the bayonet, though it appears to be in good condition. Matching numbers, which is nice to have. The "j" represents the production block up to 9999, and being the 10th batch in 1939 (j being the 10th letter of alphabet).
    The WaA number will be 253 in 1939.

?

Looks like a nice piece of S84/98 Coppel 1939, frog is marked by Josef Feix Soehne, Gablonz, which was in Sudetenland, now in Czech Republik. b.r.Andy

?

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Looks like a nice piece of S84/98 Coppel 1939, frog is marked by Josef Feix Soehne, Gablonz, which was in Sudetenland, now in Czech Republik. b.r.Andy
    Andy - Thanks for your comments .
    The maker mark JFS(Josef Feix Soehne) is on the belt buckle not on the frog.
    Best
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"