Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Gekürztem Polizei Dienst-Seitengewehr Alexander Coppel ( Police Parade Bayonet)

Article about: Besides the honour ring i bought this Police dagger. Made by Alexander Coppel. It has the early nickel silver eagle (highly detailed) on the grip. Stamped: S.M.I. 486 both on scabbard and cr

?

Default Gekürztem Polizei Dienst-Seitengewehr Alexander Coppel ( Police Parade Bayonet)

Besides the honour ring i bought this Police dagger.
    Made by Alexander Coppel.
    It has the early nickel silver eagle (highly detailed) on the grip.
    Stamped: S.M.I. 486 both on scabbard and crossguard, it also has a crowned B on the back of the blade
    i think they stand for:
    (Schutzpolizei Munchen) and the crowned B for Bayern
    I think its a great Bayonet!

Last edited by gerrit; 10-29-2011 at 09:11 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gekürztem Polizei Dienst-Seitengewehr Alexander Coppel ( Police Parade Bayonet)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gekürztem Polizei Dienst-Seitengewehr Alexander Coppel ( Police Parade Bayonet)

Nothing wrong with it all, very nice to see.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: Gekürztem Polizei Dienst-Seitengewehr Alexander Coppel ( Police Parade Bayonet)

Very Nice !
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Besides the honour ring i bought this Police dagger.
    Made by Alexander Coppel.
    It has the early nickel silver eagle (highly detailed) on the grip.
    Stamped: S.M.I. 486 both on scabbard and crossguard, it also has a crowned B on the back of the blade
    i think they stand for:
    (Schutzpolizei Munchen) and the crowned B for Bayern
    I think its a great Bayonet!
    It is a very nice police bayonet.

There have been enough publications over the last 30 years to enable one to correctly identify this Prussian police marking. The S.M. I. 486. means Schutzpolizei (of the Prussian Administrative District) Münster (Garrison) I (weapon inventory number) 486. The property marking predates the addition of the post-1936 police eagle on the grip. Bavaria did not use these style bayonets until after the nationalization of the police in 1936. The crown/B on the back of the blade is actually a sunburst/B. This */B marking was the acceptance stamp of the Prussian Police Procurement Office (Beschaffungsamt) located in Berlin.

Explanations of these property markings can be found in Johnson's Vol.IV published many years ago and in the more recent book by Don Maus, "History Writ in Steel".

?

Quote by Poloberst View Post
    It is a very nice police bayonet.

There have been enough publications over the last 30 years to enable one to correctly identify this Prussian police marking. The S.M. I. 486. means Schutzpolizei (of the Prussian Administrative District) Münster (Garrison) I (weapon inventory number) 486. The property marking predates the addition of the post-1936 police eagle on the grip. Bavaria did not use these style bayonets until after the nationalization of the police in 1936. The crown/B on the back of the blade is actually a sunburst/B. This */B marking was the acceptance stamp of the Prussian Police Procurement Office (Beschaffungsamt) located in Berlin.

Explanations of these property markings can be found in Johnson's Vol.IV published many years ago and in the more recent book by Don Maus, "History Writ in Steel".
    Thank you so much for the feedback!
    Currently all my time is needed to investigate my new honour ring ( ehrengabe ring)
    So you saved me a lot of time!