Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German bayonet Eickhorn blade engraved original?

Article about: This bayonet appears to be original but I doubt the original inscription engraved on the blade. Want and the opinion of some experts and experienced collectors. Thanks in advance moderators

Default German bayonet Eickhorn blade engraved original?

This bayonet appears to be original but I doubt the original inscription engraved on the blade. Want and the opinion of some experts and experienced collectors.
    Thanks in advance moderators and collectors!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German bayonet Eickhorn blade engraved original?   German bayonet Eickhorn blade engraved original?  

German bayonet Eickhorn blade engraved original?   German bayonet Eickhorn blade engraved original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German bayonet Eickhorn blade engraved original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German bayonet Eickhorn blade engraved original?

postwar engraving,but nice.

This bayonet is similar but is for sale on a website prestigious think it's definitely original.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German bayonet Eickhorn blade engraved original?   German bayonet Eickhorn blade engraved original?  

German bayonet Eickhorn blade engraved original?   German bayonet Eickhorn blade engraved original?  

Hi Raphael, there have been some concerns raised previously before about the authenticity of parade bayonets with Panzer type regiment inscriptions. If I remember correctly the 2 did not go together. The engraving would be more commonly seen with an officers dagger. The other scenario is that if i am reading the history correctly that the 24th panzer Abteilung was either decimated in Russia during a summer campaign there ..OR... it served in Africa. My point as I am not an heavy armor enthusiast,,but hopefully one of our panzer guys reading this could give some history on the 24th panzer regiment,,,I can not see IMO a soldier serving in a hot country of Africa or the blistering changes in weather in Russia to carry a parade bayonet with this inscription. This panzer inscription has been seen before on another edged weapon. Not the greatest conditions regardless of any tank regiment to keep a squeeky clean parade bayonet on one of many fronts that this unit served in. Too many parade bayonets and edged weapons have been altered with fake inscriptions... to only attract the unknowing buyer. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The one shown in the start of this thread has a commonly seen rememberance inscription that were produced during the period, the etching is quite well done and does match a very similar one seen in the Johnsons Daggers of the Third Reich, albeit there are two eagles on the one shown whereas the one in the book has one eagle, the details on both look very similar the only problem is that without a very in depth examination and a comparable side by side viewing it is unwise to say the one in the thread is genuine, the one in the book is an Eickhorn and a Short dress bayonet

Hi Guys, several points to ponder here. I can only really help with some.

Larry: Panzer-Abteilungen 24 is not the same thing as Pz Regt 24. Panzer-Abteilungens were independent units were were attatched to other units for specific missions. Big problem here, I can find no evidence for the exsistance of a Panzer-Abteilungen 24.....

I have little experience with etched bayonets.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree with harryamb 2 this is a very good copy but has a big mistake on the etch, the bottom scroll close to the ricasso has been cut off when the work was done,
    cheers Ronnie

Thanks Ronnie. Now you say that is is obvious......Thanks for the education.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade and Ronnie...my point only as I have no experience with bayos myself...pointed more on why would a soldier attached to a panzer unit or some type of fighting unit... would carry around such a mint example with a dedication on it.....and survive the war unscathed.
    @ Davejb and Harryamb... "Good eyes"... anything etched is hard to discern from photos and would receive a less accurate thumbs up. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Thanks Ade and Ronnie...my point only as I have no experience with bayos myself...pointed more on why would a soldier attached to a panzer unit or some type of fighting unit... would carry around such a mint example with a dedication on it.....and survive the war unscathed.
    @ Davejb and Harryamb... "Good eyes"... anything etched is hard to discern from photos and would receive a less accurate thumbs up. Regards Larry
    If i recall right they would not be carried on the battlefield, they are called " Ausgeh" bajonets, dress bajonet, not to be used in the field, but on parade, dinners etc...

but then again, I,,, like yourself..... Larry, not into the bayonets, so gents correct me when im wrong

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast