Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

german bayonet knot

Article about: Hello guys ,Anyone got any info on this german bayonet knot,i.e battalion and regement .Thanks .Paul

?

Default german bayonet knot

Hello guys ,Anyone got any info on this german bayonet knot,i.e battalion and regement .Thanks .Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german bayonet knot  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german bayonet knot
    P
    Many

Default Re: german bayonet knot

Don't think this is a Bayonet knot at all, it looks homemade, not even sure it is from the war.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

Hello Vegar.It,s a ww1 german bayonet knot .Paul

Ah, that would be why it didn't look familiar. It is in really good condition for being that old. But sorry, i can't help you with WWI items.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Gentlemen.....sadly, not even WW1 era bayonet knot, the knot is split into 3 parts, (from top to bottom) slider, stem and crown, the colour combination of these parts dictated company and battalion within an Imprial German Army Regiment, there is no known colour combination for the knot shown, Red/Blue/Red !....unless Weimar Republic (anyone ?), it will be a fake, there are plenty of these available on fleabay, most in the U.K. eminating from a well known dealer in the Blackpool area, the "skeleton" of these knots were originally wooden, the fakes use plastic. Original examples can be found even in mint condition, as a tendancy to omit wear as the war dragged on was frequent, they got full of mud !, so in the end a lot of unissued knots lay in the company stores. Heres two of mine, first one, White/Yellow/White for 9th Company, 3rd Battalion and second one, Red/White/Red for 2nd Company, 1st Battalion. Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german bayonet knot   german bayonet knot  

Last edited by oradour; 11-18-2010 at 08:42 PM.

?

Hello .I bet you allready have a good idea were i got it ,yes the guy from blackpool.Does anyone want to buy a bayonet knot,not .Bispham2004 is his site.Paul

Gents, Bispham2004 = Paul Waterworth....well known to seasoned collectors, beware and stay away from !...has a lot of these knots, most are "fantasy" colour combinations that never existed ! Paul, ask for your money back...E-Bay even has an advice page for these knots from this seller ! eBay Guides - FAKE IMPERIAL GERMAN BAYONET KNOTS, TRODDELN
    Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 11-19-2010 at 05:07 PM.

german bayonet knot
    Quote by oradour View Post
    there is no known colour combination for the knot shown, Red/Blue/Red !...
    Gentlemen, I apologise !....I was wrong, there is a Red/Blue/Red knot !....I have further researched "Bayonet Knots", the bayonet knot showed by paul a, IS an Imperial Army knot, 14th company, which was the "Fortress machine gun section" see above table for bayonet knot colour combinations (these are for Infantry & Artillery)......so you live and learn ! Paul, do the check on your knot that is suggested on the e-bay advice page, to confirm authenticity, but dont hold your breath, you got from a bad source.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Hello There,At least it is of some use even though its not of the war,i thought i,d doubley boobed not only was it a fake but not even a real company,at least i can hang it somewere now ,preferably around that guys neck,no more knots Thanks again Paul