Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German bayonets

Article about: Hey guys, here are some better pics of the 98/05's...tried to get the various maker marks. Will take some pics of the WWII style later...

?

Hey guys, here are some better pics of the 98/05's...tried to get the various maker marks. Will take some pics of the WWII style later...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German bayonets   German bayonets  

German bayonets   German bayonets  

German bayonets   German bayonets  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German bayonets
    P
    Many

Nice group of bayonets.

z4

Very nice indeed!...

Interesting bayonet by Shilling must be a distributor and from Suhl. Rare to see producer logos on bayonets ... I like the use of the early Holler variant
    It gives the bayo an identity . Thanks for sharing these as they are rare IMO . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Shilling is a WWI era manufacturer of the 98/05 and somewhat common. F.W. Holler is a very scarce maker of the 98/05, especially the sawback version. Anker-Werke with the J.A. Henckles co-maker is pretty uncommon as well. Here is mine.

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German bayonets  

?

Thanks for the likes and the information guys. I always guessed the Schilling was the rarer of the group, very interesting. It is my favorite one anyway and the saw teeth are very sharp...it's in the best condition of the three. The F. W. Holler was bought as a set with a 1915 DWM Mauser that is almost all matching except the usual bolt and butt plate. The 1916 Schilling is matched with a 1916 Amberg Mauser, and I picked up the Anker/Henckel some years back on Ebay to pair with a 1916 Danzig Mauser that is a 1934 armory refitted rifle. So, they all have a nice fit in the small WWI collection.
    Cheers!

?

Quote by Jim P View Post
    Shilling is a WWI era manufacturer of the 98/05 and somewhat common. F.W. Holler is a very scarce maker of the 98/05, especially the sawback version. Anker-Werke with the J.A. Henckles co-maker is pretty uncommon as well. Here is mine.

Jim
    Nice one Jim !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2