Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

German Blade Maker ??

Article about: Hello Who is this maker I came across it yesterday. It is from a dress bayonet. Thank you very much Tony

?

Default German Blade Maker ??

Hello

Who is this maker I came across it yesterday.
    It is from a dress bayonet.
    Thank you very much
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Blade Maker ??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Blade Maker ??
    P
    Many

Default Carl Schmidt Sohn

Greetings Tony,

It is the trademark of Carl Schmidt Sohn.

V/r Lance

German Blade Maker ??

Carl Schmidt & Sohn were still in production post war, and that is their late trade mark, so some photos of the parade bayonet would help identify if it's Third Reich era.

?

Hello
    Thank you for the help and information
    here are a few pictures
    Thank you
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Blade Maker ??  

You know Tony I have a little uneasy feeling about this one. I don't like the look of those shiny rivets, given the dull patina of the hilt. They look like alloy and slightly too large. Could we get a reverse shot and closeup. I have seen 1950's hunting knives by this maker (using same mark), so it makes me wonder if this is post war.

?

Default Dress bayo pics

Hello

Here are a few more pics.
    Sorry about the glare
    Hope these help
    Thanks
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Blade Maker ??   German Blade Maker ??  

Tony those rivets appear to be flat headed when we would expect a domed headed rivet during TR era. Also they show no sign of oxidation and appear to be made of alloy. They should be nickel or nickel plated steel. I'm going to call it as a "post war" parade bayonet, others may disagree. What we do know is some Solingen makers continued making Nazi era blades post war for the US GI market. A company called "B & A" produced SA and Heer daggers from 1946 to about 1951 when the swastika was banned. We know Carl Schmidt continued as a manufacturer post war, so it is a possibility. So this parade bayonet may have been made for a soldier, just not a German soldier.

?

Hello
    Thank you very much for the information
    I really appreciate it
    Tony

A good thread here on the postwar producer as Anderson pointed out of the Bolte and Anschutz assembler.
    I do not think they produced anything and rather gathered what loose fittings laid about in bombed out factories

B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill